Shared garden, "recreational use and no ball games"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared garden, "recreational use and no ball games"

Our property has 6 flats. Ground floor flat has exclusive use of a garden and then all, including them have rights as described above. New downstairs (who have exclusive use of their garden) have taken over the communal garden. All their "crap" is over the garden, they said they'd look after it and I envisioned them mowing the lawn and pruning but all they have done it dig up areas that were lush with plants and plant their own veg! They've dug up the bit of grass that gets the evening sun to plant their veg.

Communal gardens need freeholder permission to modify, and won't be given.

You say in previous posts, the management is crap.

You write to the directors AND managing agents stating the offenders MUST put the communal garden back to the condition it was before they moved in.
    Also, It is not their land to mess with. Remind the directors AND managing agents of that fact, and probably you contributed the plants that were removed.
    Altering the freeholders property without permission, ( which has to be refused ) is a breach of the lease.

Try removing all their vegs, and putting in some plants, and give them an invoice for doing so, stating what they did is not permitted.
    Spend £ 10 for plants, go do it, and say, their veg' will be removed again.

They took "Your plants" out, and you put some back in --- What's the problem - you say.

Comment

Thanks for your response. No point writing to the Director. She did nothing when I told her another leaseholder has spat all over my door and all over communal hallway carpet. The new owners downstairs have taken over one of the front parking spots and laid down a shed. They have two broken down sheds (very large) leaning up against the side access to the communal garden.
      When I say not permitted, not permitted according to what? Recreational use does not include digging up areas to plant their own vegetables?

Comment

Who runs the place ?
        in house Directors ? ( known as an R.M.C.)
        A Managing Agent ( RMC can out source the management to one )

Are the offenders new Owners, or is it being let out by the owner.

Yes, these questions are needed.

Comment

Thanks for your response again. I would say no one runs the place. The old downstairs owners used to take care of front and back gardens. We have a limited company with now only 1 director and company secretary. I'm in court with the company secretary, as a fellow leaseholder for breach of lease with his floors and it was his son that spat all over my door 30 times since the start of the court case. There's many more problems. I know it's a mess! I thought new owners coming in would be better but I think they're taking the p.
          Downstairs are new owners. I've just put a note for them to have a chat with me about the gardens. They've littered all of the back garden grass placing heavy things on the grass. I think they want it to go brown so then they can put up their massive sheds.

Comment

Originally posted by snowboy View Post
            I would say no one runs the place. We have a limited company:
            I'm in court with the company secretary, as a fellow leaseholder for breach of lease with his floors
            Your Limited company runs the place, and if they are NOT running it correctly, you . . . .

1) Sue the company for not ensuring the lease is upheld, and the offenders have modified the common garden, and driveway, which they are not entitled to do, and the company refuses to rectify the matter, therby ensurung the place becomes a tip, eyesore, and would set a precident if alowed to continue, and has just devalued your property.

2) if you can get 3 people on your side,incl. you; then ask for a general meeting to install 3 more directors, but I think the following will vote against this at a meeting.
            such as -( assuming they shareholders ) the director , the Co. Sec. and new miscreants (shed builders ) as it will be 3 against 3, so go for option 1)

Comment

Thanks so much Ram, there's been many occasions when i thought about suing the company. They have let this building deteriorate including recent changes to the guttering to help out a neighbour giving up what was probably a 100 year right to share downpipe and drain into the soakway on their side. Now the water runs down my property due to an absolute bodge job. But surely suing will affect me. I am one of 6 shareholders. Anywhere I could go to get more information on this? I've looked everywhere. I've looked at going to the FTT but seen horror stories on here.

Thank you again for your help with this. Absolutely, option 2 doesn't work.

Comment

If you are only a shareholder and not a director, - no problem.
                If you had shares in BT / shy etc, and they did someting wrong, you don't expect thousands of shareholders to be taken to court, and a stadium would have to be hired to fit them all in ---------- wont happen.

Comment

Thanks Ram

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Right to Manage Costs
                    by Pariah81
                    Hi,

I am part of a residents association that is exploring right to manage (RTM).

We are a 30 flat block in the Ealing area.

We want to get advice on the process so how much should we be expecting to pay for our legals?

I'm also aware we have to pay...
                    21-09-2021, 13:48 PM
                  • Reply to Right to Manage Costs
                    by lampshade
                    ERMmmm....it would be very interesting especially as our Freeholder, who owned the company that Managed the building gave the contract to another fringe company, and the fees doubled to £10k pa....and if 12 of us leave that will cause fee problems for the remaining 2 flats, but not our problem....will...
                    23-09-2021, 17:50 PM
                    by Section20z
                    Yes, you should be able to. We did something similar for one of two blocks with same name just different flat numbers. First step is to get 6+ owners to take part and form a company to serve the notice. A reluctant freeholder will fight every step so you may need professional help to get it right....
                    23-09-2021, 17:35 PM
                    by lampshade
                    Interesting....I have one lease in a total of 3 blocks totalling 34 flats. All managed under one managing agent appointed by the FH.
                    But each block, whilst seemingly are all connected there are 3 separate blocks of about 11 flats in each. Each block has both front and back entrance, and unique...
                    23-09-2021, 15:29 PM
                  • Reasonable solicitor fees?
                    by LizLease
                    After six long and tedious months of negotiations to extend the lase on a flat, we are nearing completion and I have been sent the final balance.

I was shocked to be presented with a £2,700 bill for the freeholder's solicitor fees. When I first inquired about renewing the lease, the freeholder...
                    21-09-2021, 17:17 PM
                  • Reply to Reasonable solicitor fees?
                    by eagle2
                    You can insist on a summarised time record showing the number of hours spent by each grade of solicitor on the different aspects of the work involved. You can then compare it with your own solicitor's time records in order to raise a specific complaint.

Intead though, I suggest that you...
                    23-09-2021, 14:42 PM
                  • Negotiating a lease extension
                    by LizLease
                    Hi all, I am new to the forum.
                    I am looking to extend the lease on a flat (currently under 70 years).
                    I received a quote from the freeholder and a valuation from a surveyor (£3k lower than the freeholder's figure).
                    I spoke to the leasehold Advisory Service who said to ask the surveyor...
                    21-01-2021, 12:44 PM
                  • Reply to Negotiating a lease extension
                    by sgclacy
                    Does that include the surveyor fee ?...
                    23-09-2021, 14:36 PM
                  • Reply to Negotiating a lease extension
                    by LizLease
                    Thank you both

sgclacy, if you are talking about the "deed of surrender and regrant of lease", that is a 10 page document and as far as I am ware, there are no specific issues or complications with it. It's a flat in a 30 year-old small block of flats and there are no odd clauses...
                    23-09-2021, 12:17 PM
                  • Reply to Reasonable solicitor fees?
                    by LizLease
                    Thanks for the replies.
                    It has taken 6 months because the surveyor - who was dealing with the negotiations - was useless and not proactive / reactive. Add to that the fact that we had reached a deal I said OK to, then the freeholder and their solicitor turned around and said actually no, they...
                    23-09-2021, 12:09 PM
                  Working...
                  X