Forfeiture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram View Post

You cannot issue a £1000 share, with a share certificate to prove you have a share, unless you pay in full, the price of the share certificate.

Yes, you most certainly can.

The Companies Act has a pro forma balance sheet, which has an entry for called up share capital that is unpaid in the debtors part of the balance sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by sgclacy View Post
      Yes, you most certainly can.
      The Companies Act has a pro forma balance sheet, which has an entry for called up share capital that is unpaid in the debtors part of the balance sheet.
      So you issue a share for £ 1, but the leaseholder still owes £ 999.
      And what if leaseholder does not pay the £ 999.
      *OR the freeholder asks for the £ 999 to get them out of trouble to pay a large solicitors bill. *

Dont expect the leaseholders to say, "certainly, i will give you £ 999 tomorrow " - + don't think that will happen.
      If they don't pay the real price of the share for above * - *, what is the freeholder going to do ? Take the share off them ? which you are allowed to do.
      So what do you end up with ? no shareholders probably. and an unpaid solicitors bill going to court
      And where do you stand ? nowhere, and the directors have to pay the solcitors bill.

No. wont work. -- in leasehold flats.
      The leaseholders have bought a flat and don't wan t the agro of having to pay ( £ 999 ) to get the freeholder out a freeholder self inflicted problem. - most will tell the freeholder to "Go forth and multipy", as all the leaseholders lose is their share and be £ 999 richer by not paying.

Comment

I don't think the RMC or RTM should be issuing shares. Whilst this does have the advantage of raising cash, the cash raised is often low; and a real danger exists of on a lease sale the share in the RMC/RTM is forgot about and isn't transferred with it.

Andrew Dod is correct. The problem of all RTM entities is that nominally, all expenditure should be matched by income. No 'reserves' should ever exist. If one lessee fails to pay the company has no money of its own with which to make good. So it ends up with someone either having to step in, or the company being liquidated. Both are not good.
        On my development (I'm long out of leasehold thank goodness) when I had the exact situation so described, I decided to step in. So you ended up with one leaseholder bailing out another (effectively). That is not a way to happy neighbours and a friendly situation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Can I put an office room in my garden?
          by darcia
          Hi, so I want to put an office in my garden which I think it'll be classified as outbuilding. It'll be of about 5 x 4 m I believe.

Can I do it based on these clauses?

Thanks very much for your help.
          1. Not to make any external or structural alteration or addition to the Property
          27-09-2021, 19:58 PM
        • Reply to Can I put an office room in my garden?
          by nukecad
          Clause one says that you are not to make any external alterations or additions.

The way it reads that includes free standing aditions. (Garage, outhouse, shed, etc).

Unlike the other two clauses, it doesn't mention consent at all, it's just a bare prohibition.
          27-09-2021, 23:36 PM
        • Reply to Can I put an office room in my garden?
          by Neelix
          As you will need to alter the house electrics you will need to seek the written approval of the LL
          27-09-2021, 20:18 PM
        • Ground rent linked to value of property
          by ecfc29
          Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

My current GR is £100 pa, but in approx 16 years time will increase to 0.20% of the property value (1/500th as per lease), which is then reviewed at further 25 yr intervals until the end of the lease in c113 years time. So while there is no...
          27-09-2021, 12:15 PM
        • Reply to Ground rent linked to value of property
          by sgclacy
          No great pearls of wisdom will come from employing a surveyor to work out the premium - they will give you a range of values depending on the capitalization rate and clearly you know how to do it - the ground rent does have a strong element of protection from inflation, but that is dependent on house...
          27-09-2021, 19:18 PM
        • Reply to Ground rent linked to value of property
          by Gordon999
          You can download a free guide to statutory 90 years lease extension from LEASE website ( www.lease-advice.org ).

You can use the LEASE calculator to find out the "cost of statutory lease extension" now ( 113 years remaining ) , and 2 years later ( 111 years remaining ) and...
          27-09-2021, 16:26 PM
        • Incompetent Managing Agent
          by aki131960
          After years of poor management by our head leaseholder, we adopted the RTM with 4 directors and appointed managing agents. I had reservation about the agents and voiced these but one of the other 3 directors insisted that they had good references. As we were running out of time before the transfer...
          05-08-2021, 13:33 PM
        • Reply to Incompetent Managing Agent
          by eagle2
          The idea of a RTM Company is to remove yourselves from the freeholder, so I am not sure why you would wish to choose an agent recommended by the freeholder, but you can always suggest a trial and see how you get on.

The leaseholder can resign from the RTM Company but you will still have...
          27-09-2021, 15:30 PM
        • Leasehold sweetener?
          by Bonehead33
          So the flat I'm considering will apparently come with a new leasehold of 99 years. If I pay full asking price (10k more than I think it's worth) then the flat will come with a 125 year lease. I'm new to leasehold. Is there any benefit to getting the 125 and paying extra? The flat is around 100k to buy...
          26-09-2021, 16:35 PM
        • Reply to Leasehold sweetener?
          by AndrewDod
          The service charge could be absolutely anything - may be £500 this year, but £20,000 next year, or even more when you find yourself one of the 1% of properties with cladding issues (or whatever comes next).

As eagle2 says, service charges (and service charge fraud) are where all the bodies...
          27-09-2021, 12:31 PM
        Working...
        X