Consent unreasonably (imo!) withheld to put boiler in loft space - what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcps2021 View Post
    I doubt that as the insurance company have set no conditions about hard wired smoke alarms.
    Correct on the insurance conditions about hard wired smoke alarms, but incorrect also.

Our block insurance company, knowing that we have hard wired smoke etc alarms, SAID, in the event of a fire, they wish to know that the alarms were working, hence NEED to see the testing report ( weelky / monthly - whatever ) WERE carried out, and no faults were recorded, and if recorded, the date the items were fixed.
    That tell them the alarms were working, rather than not working.

If the directors don't test the alarms, they are either guilty of a dereliction of duty and ignoring the regulations / recomendations.
    Or the alarms don't work, hence no point in testing, hence no reports.

Comment

That's interesting - wouldn't that only only be the case where your premium reflected the fact you had hard wired smoke alarms?

Comment

Originally posted by vcps2021 View Post
        That's interesting - wouldn't that only only be the case where your premium reflected the fact you had hard wired smoke alarms?
        No idea, but as I said "Our block insurance company, knowing that we have hard wired smoke etc alarm"
        And, stated that they may not pay out if alarms not tested and reports not submitted ( note "May" and not --- " Will Not" )

Stick the boiler in the corner of a bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post

Stick the boiler in the corner of a bedroom.
          Much better in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
            Much better in the kitchen.
            We asume the boiler is wanting to be removed from the kitchen and put in the loft !

'ERE is a photo ( of a house I am buying.in U.K.- Saw yesterday and closed on silly low price )
            Inside that wardrobe in smaller bedroom, is a BOILER ! (this is the ONLY decent room - rest are crap - owners deceased )
            Not where I would have put it.
            But the house is "Distressed"- still has the pre war round light switches, so Probably want a re-wire as well.

so see state of back garden. No one planted any trees and bushes - -- just neglected, cant get to end, maybe a few bodies down there, Who knows !.

​​

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X