Freeholder requesting back payment for Maint and ground rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeholder requesting back payment for Maint and ground rent

My Freeholder is requesting back payment for Maintenance and ground rent. I would have happily paid over the years, in fact even up to 2018 I requested the balance but heard nothing so I gave up. (we have emailed about other things over the years so the email address has always been correct) I have now been handed a sheet requesting back payment from 2013. Where do I stand? Is there an amount of time that cant be reclaimed in law or is it just the Freeholder being an idiot?
    Thanks

any use?

https://slcsolicitors.com/guides/lim...s-out-of-time/

https://www.lease-advice.org/case-st...18-month-rule/

My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Thanks, Looks like this may help!

Comment

Originally posted by JP1906 View Post
        My Freeholder is requesting back payment for Maintenance and ground rent. I would have happily paid over the years, in fact even up to 2018 I requested the balance but heard nothing so I gave up. (we have emailed about other things over the years so the email address has always been correct) I have now been handed a sheet requesting back payment from 2013. Where do I stand? Is there an amount of time that cant be reclaimed in law or is it just the Freeholder being an idiot?
        Thanks

By law, he can only go back by 6 years for arrears ground rent.

Comment

There is an 18 month rule for service charges that may mean he can't go back further unless he previously notified you of costs
          Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X