Are Compton Group managing agents any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Compton Group managing agents any good?

Hi there,

My partner and I in the process of becoming a first time LLs. We've had an offer accepted on a promising sounding flat that appears to tick all of the boxes however, having carried out some research into the above agents that are responsible for managing the block, we have discovered some less than favourable reviews. We would be very grateful if anyone could provide their thoughts and experiences with having dealt with this company, and whether there is anything that we should be wary of.

Any thoughts from those that have (tried to) purchase the freehold of their leasehold property would also be welcome.

Thanks

Max

This site doesn't allow discussions of named companies (although you might get some responses as private messages).

The risk of defamation is too great.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Speak with other Leaseholders, that's the best way to judge if they are any good. If the grounds and communal areas are kept clean. Ensure you get a EWS1 otherwise you may not be able to get a mortgage on it and if that is the case run don't walk away.

Comment

As said above..... the EWS1 form should be your first priority, if there are any issues at all.... walk away.

Comment

Great, thanks very much for the advice.

Comment

They own the leasehold for one of my properties. They diligently collect the £1.15 each year even though it must cost them more than that to send the demand. They are happy to sell it but perhaps that's because it's the only way to make any money from it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• RMC who decides annual budget
              by scot22
              Is the budget a board of directors decision or MUST it be ratified by shareholders at the A.G.M ?

If so would it be an ordinary resolution or special requiring 75% to be ratified ?
              02-08-2021, 10:55 AM
            • Reply to RMC who decides annual budget
              by ram
              I may have shares in B.T. so can I object to their spending of £ millions on below ? which are not needed, as there are plenty of other firms doing it ?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...low-spots.html

I feel it
              03-08-2021, 15:42 PM
            • Is applying to FTT to appoint manager my best option?
              by Tom H
              I own a long leasehold in a purpose-built flat comprising of just two flats. The freeholder also owns and resides in the flat that is directly above me.
              Despite numerous attempts to get him to carry out essential maintenance to the property as per the provisions in the lease (about a third of...
              03-08-2021, 15:31 PM
            • Removing a director
              by LaraJara21
              Hi all.

The residents management company is currently being run by a director who is very uncooperative. After 2 years of asking for a meeting, asking for copies of accounts, the insurance policy, just anythings in relation to the limited company, he refuses and continues to be very difficult....
              03-08-2021, 14:21 PM
            • Reply to Removing a director
              by eagle2
              You can arrange a meeting of members but you must include on the agenda that you intend to remove the director. You must give special notice to the director that he is subject to the vote and you must allow him to make a statement at the meeting, Make sure that you have the minimum number of directors...
              03-08-2021, 15:05 PM
            • Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
              by Starlane
              Hello, I hope your week is going well! I firstly want to thank some of the contributors in this site as you have been very helpful with sharing your experiences and knowledge.

So the situation is..I have sent the landlord company and its directors a preliminary notice.I also tried to...
              02-08-2021, 21:03 PM
            • Reply to Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
              by Starlane
              I think as RAM was saying Eagle2 , I don't think a member would be liable for the costs and I have put forward that It is important to bear in mind that the award of costs is always at the discretion of the court.

I stated " including but not limited to making an application for an...
              03-08-2021, 13:41 PM
              by eagle2
              The agent should never be allowed the freedom to set the budget, it should recommend expenditure but it should never be the one to set it. Otherwise, a substantial part of the expenditure is likely to end up in the hands of that agent and its connected contractors,

The agent should always...
              03-08-2021, 11:25 AM
              by MrSoffit
              As already said, company directors are responsible to manage. If the directors do not table a resolution invited members to vote on a budget (and they would be fools to do so), the members must use a special resolution to force the directors to a different outcome. Unless the articles of the RMC say...
              03-08-2021, 11:07 AM
            • Section 20 notice / repairing obligation
              by Grah8m
              REPAIRING OBLIGATION / SECTION 20 NOTICE
              Our residential long lease does not impose Landlord Repairing Obligations - rather underlease provides procedures enabling any one of convenantees (5 x underlessees - 1 x "Landlord"/Underlessor) may initiate repairing maintenance works and...
              01-08-2021, 13:59 PM
            Working...
            X