LPE1 invoice form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LPE1 invoice form

I moved into a ground floor leasehold maisonette a few months ago and bought the freehold for my maisonette and the upstairs maisonette.

My lovely neighbors upstairs are now moving and I've had a letter from a solicitor asking me to complete an LPE1 form.

There are quite alot of documents I need to get together and photo copy and was wondering if I can ask for £25 to cover the costs or is that asking too much money?

If I can ask for payment is there a template anyone can give me for the invoice?

I'm a new freeholder and still learning.

I've read my lease and upstairs lease and I know my obligations but may ask for advice along the way as I want to do everything right and have good relations with my new neighbors.

You can charge the seller between £ 50 and £ 150 as an independant freeholder.

The form asks for the cost of supplying the information.

As a private individual for simple transfers I charge £ 70.
    As a company secretary for propertites I am not a member of, I charge £ 150, and ask for the payment in advance, yes, in advance. Otherwise you may end up not being paid.

No advance payment = No LPE 1
    Makes life so much simpler when paid in advance ( having not been paid once )

as you are a new freeholder, some information at http://ram2.hostbyet2.com/
    May prove useful to you. ( new web site due when time allows )

I also insist on Paper only replies as why should you or I now have to print everything the that is sent to me, ( to file in the fileing cabinet when years ago, it was always paper only.

Comment

If anyone demanded paper only replies from me I would be putting my fee up to over a grand.
      Would be a day out of my life printing Asbestos, H&S, Fire, Insurance etc and totally unnecessary waste of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post
        If anyone demanded paper only replies from me I would be putting my fee up to over a grand.
        Would be a day out of my life printing Asbestos, H&S, Fire, Insurance etc and totally unnecessary waste of paper.
        Sending a PDF file by email is acceptable for me, as we already have a hard copy and PDF file forAsbestos, H&S, Fire, Insurance etc.

But NEW letters, from Buyers / sellers, I need paper copies, and i'm not going to print them for the Buyers / sellers and agents. They can send them to me in the post as they have done for the last 100 years.
        They have NOT reduced their prices due to using email only,

Occationaly I have to relent, but the price then goes up.
        You can't beat a nice letter headed letter, against an email with all it's graphics, immaterial addons, terms and conditions taking up more pages than is nesessary. And sometimes with the last 6 emails you sent them included as well
        Don't want it,

Emails can get lost, not delivered occationally, on purpose via spam fiters.
        Royal mail do not have spam filters, you letter gets delivered.

Also, if a spammer has used an Isp address ( you may be using your own isp email function ) the ISP can be blocked, and flaged as a spam site, until unblocked, and you cant send or recive emails -- This is now a rare occurance, but has happend to me.

But sometimes I have to accept it, but I stand by my requirement to have decent paper communications on file, than scrapy looking emails.

Comment

Thanks so far.

Is there a particular way of asking for the money, can someone please tell me how to word it.

I want to complete the form asap and not delay the sale

Comment

Originally posted by NewFH View Post
            Thanks so far.

Is there a particular way of asking for the money, can someone please tell me how to word it.

I want to complete the form asap and not delay the sale
            Dear Sirs ( to the people who sent you the LPE 1 form - The buyers agent probably )

REF - Sale of Flat x ,, No. x, Acacia ave, Trumpton, xxxshire.

In order for me to complete the LPE1 form, I ask for an advance of £ 65 to enable me to gather information and forward to you.
            If you are unable to advance payment to me, then a letter from you indicating your acceptance of this charge and that you will pay on completion of sale, will enable me to complete the LPE! form and forward any associated documentation reqiured.

The fee of £ 65 is for a straight forward sale, but if there are any anomiles found over and above sale, the charge of £ 6 per letter + per reply to letters, will be invoiced.
            __________________________________________________ _____

NewFH -- don't forget to inspect the flat, as you need to see the flat is as described, does not deviate from the orginal floor plans, nothing has been altered, moved, without freeholder authorisation and there are no water stains in any ceilings denoting a possible leak in the roof, Ref roof, many top floor leaseholders can put up with a bit of ceiling staining, because they know if they tell the freeholder, then a big bill will be forthcoming to fix the roof -- so they don't tell the freeholder, while the timber slowly ROT.

If you do not inspect the flat, that means that you have no objection to the sale going ahead, and any illegal alterations done will be sanctioned by you as O.K. and you may have difficulty is suing the new owner for breaches of the lease that you let slip by that come to light later ( such as loadbearing wall moved / removed causing cracks in the building years later.)

__________________________________________________ ____

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post

that you will pay on completion of sale, _
              But what would happen if the sale falls through because perhaps the vendor pulls out

Comment

Originally posted by sgclacy View Post
                But what would happen if the sale falls through because perhaps the vendor pulls out
                see "indicating your acceptance of this charge"

Comment

Thanks for the advice Ram.

When I view the property, should I (is it ok to) take photos?

Comment

If they refuse to pay you would have to take the matter through to the county court which would be disproportionate in terms of your time to the sum involved

Comment

P.S. ( to above number 8 )
                      Which is also why I ask for pre-payment, as LPE1 can be used for the next buyer.

email below.
                      __________________________________________________ __________________

pre-pay.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NewFH View Post
                        Thanks for the advice Ram.
                        When I view the property, should I (is it ok to) take photos?
                        You are the freeholder , so yes, take photos. I take photos, and are for the freeholder only to have and save on file.

Of course the leaseholder can object, but as the fllat has been advertised for sale, the WHOLE WORLD can see all the rooms on the agents site. Copy those if leaseholder objects, and take with you to compare.
                        Remember to tell the leaseholder that YOU are responsible for imparting the accurate and true statment about the flat / altered or not / etc.so you must inspect.

If leaseholder objects to let you inspect, quote the covanant that says " to allow the landlord, with or without workmen to enter the flat for the purpose of inspection / investigation" assuming that is in the lease, and quoting parts from post number 6 if they still refuse.

Their lease ( you MUST have a copy of their lease ) usually states demised premises complete with landlords fixtures and fittings.( remember, a person buys a lease and not the flat, that enables them to reside in the demised premises for the term of the lease.)
                        Landlord fixtures and fittings ( which are also leased ) include bath, toilet, shower wash basin, kitchen cupboards, lights, all sinks, boiler, internal fusebox, watertank, ( which may be in the loft that serves both flats if only two flats ) and relacement of all these need freeholder approval !!
                        Yes, when a flat was made, the freeholder paid for and included all these, which you are also leaseing.
                        Providing replacement is like for like in same position and similar proportions, freeholder cannot realy object, but you need to know / record that replacements were fitted ( so if a leak occurs for instance, you know the first place to look ).

If you don't forward the completed LPE 1, then the buyers will probably back out ( But not your problem )

Comment

Thanks, very helpful.

Yes I do have a copy of the leaseholders lease.

Thanks for all the tips

Comment

The leaseholder has breached the lease but has also said they are going to rectify it (however nothing has been done yet.

I've almost completed the LPE1 form but not sure if I should hold onto it until the breach has been rectified.

Although we get on well as neighbours I think they are a little upset that I've found out about the breach and I'm a little concerned they may not rectify it and that would be unfair for the new neighbours.

What should i do?

Comment

If it's an important breach then yes, tell them you will complete the LPE1 once they have remedied it.
                              If it's because they used the hoover after 8pm then it would probably not be justified.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Is applying to FTT to appoint manager my best option?
                                by Tom H
                                I own a long leasehold in a purpose-built flat comprising of just two flats. The freeholder also owns and resides in the flat that is directly above me.
                                Despite numerous attempts to get him to carry out essential maintenance to the property as per the provisions in the lease (about a third of...
                                03-08-2021, 15:31 PM
                              • Reply to Is applying to FTT to appoint manager my best option?
                                by vmart
                                Dear Tom

You are indeed in a difficult position since you cannot buy the freehold.

Personally, I would avoid applying to the FTT to appoint a manager given reports of high charges and little by way of recourse usually open to leaseholders once a manager is in place.
                                03-08-2021, 18:24 PM
                              • RMC who decides annual budget
                                by scot22
                                Is the budget a board of directors decision or MUST it be ratified by shareholders at the A.G.M ?

If so would it be an ordinary resolution or special requiring 75% to be ratified ?
                                02-08-2021, 10:55 AM
                              • Reply to RMC who decides annual budget
                                by ram
                                I may have shares in B.T. so can I object to their spending of £ millions on below ? which are not needed, as there are plenty of other firms doing it ?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...low-spots.html

I feel it
                                03-08-2021, 15:42 PM
                              • Removing a director
                                by LaraJara21
                                Hi all.

The residents management company is currently being run by a director who is very uncooperative. After 2 years of asking for a meeting, asking for copies of accounts, the insurance policy, just anythings in relation to the limited company, he refuses and continues to be very difficult....
                                03-08-2021, 14:21 PM
                              • Reply to Removing a director
                                by eagle2
                                You can arrange a meeting of members but you must include on the agenda that you intend to remove the director. You must give special notice to the director that he is subject to the vote and you must allow him to make a statement at the meeting, Make sure that you have the minimum number of directors...
                                03-08-2021, 15:05 PM
                              • Reply to Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
                                by Starlane
                                I think as RAM was saying Eagle2 , I don't think a member would be liable for the costs and I have put forward that It is important to bear in mind that the award of costs is always at the discretion of the court.

I stated " including but not limited to making an application for an...
                                03-08-2021, 13:41 PM
                              • Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
                                by Starlane
                                Hello, I hope your week is going well! I firstly want to thank some of the contributors in this site as you have been very helpful with sharing your experiences and knowledge.

So the situation is..I have sent the landlord company and its directors a preliminary notice.I also tried to...
                                02-08-2021, 21:03 PM
                                by eagle2
                                The agent should never be allowed the freedom to set the budget, it should recommend expenditure but it should never be the one to set it. Otherwise, a substantial part of the expenditure is likely to end up in the hands of that agent and its connected contractors,

The agent should always...
                                03-08-2021, 11:25 AM
                                by MrSoffit
                                As already said, company directors are responsible to manage. If the directors do not table a resolution invited members to vote on a budget (and they would be fools to do so), the members must use a special resolution to force the directors to a different outcome. Unless the articles of the RMC say...
                                03-08-2021, 11:07 AM
                              Working...
                              X