Company Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Law

Sorry this is not leasehold but affects leaseholders. Under AoA Company still has to hold AGM. However maximum number allowed to meet indoors is 6 from no more two households is my understanding.
    AGM for 10 dwellings would undoubtedly breach this. Future restrictions are uncertain. Any comments on the challenge and could AGM simply be deferred ?

a) No reason an AGM has to be held indoors. Could be under a local tree.
    b) No reason everyone has to attend ... proxy votes etc etc.
    c) Private companies are not required to hold an AGM at all, so what you have to do is entirely dictated by the words in the articles. If the Articles are completely silent on the meaning of a meeting (e.g. not say specifically it has to be in person at all) I think you can just use the statutory written resolution procedure. What are the requirements for a quorum?
    d) If the articles say nothing, there is, as far as I am aware, nothing in the Companies Act 2006 which says that virtual (or partially virtual) AGMs are not valid if members can participate and be seen to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
      c) Private companies are not required to hold an AGM at all
      My understanding is that if the articles explicitly refer to an AGM and have not been amended then the requirement to hold an AGM is still there.

For the OP see;

https://brodies.com/insights/corpora...pany-meetings/

Comment

Thanks for prompt and informative replies. Company kept need for AGM

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X