Reserve fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlane View Post
    ....To set aside ( which setting aside shall for the purpose of the Sixth Schedule be deemed an item of expenditure incurred by the Lessor) such sums of money as the Lessors reasonably require to incur in replacing maintaining renewing and decorating those items which the lessor hereby covenants to replace maintain renew or decorate ( such sums set aside to be a sinking fund)
    That seems to allow the freeholder to collect a 'sinking fund' that can be used for any maintenance work that the lease makes them responsible for (but not for things like managing agents fees, insurance or legal fees).

Best practice would be for them to be open about the expected future expenditure that they are asking for sinking fund contributions for - but, as eagle2 has said, they are under no legal obligation to do so (unless your lease requires this).

Comment

Many thanks to you all for your wisdom and help!

Comment

I have been reading through my lease to try and find any wording such as "reserve" in the lease so please enlighten me...Can the freeholder ask for contributions to a reserve when it is not mentioned in the lease? Can the freeholder ask for a reserve contribution? I have written to the landlord asking for clarification and I am being ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlane View Post
          I have been reading through my lease to try and find any wording such as "reserve" in the lease so please enlighten me...
          Hi,

Your post #15 states the lease provision, where it uses the wording "sinking fund", please see the glossary in the RICS Code of Practice.

https://www.rics.org/globalassets/ri...ition-rics.pdf

I believe your issue is that what is being asked for as a contribution now to the reserve fund is an unreasonable amount, given that it has not been demanded in the past.

Comment

Thank you foss333, I have been digging through the lease and any documents...the freeholder is asking for a reserve contribution....I will check the RICS guide.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Who can become a director of a RMC?
              by fos333
              Hi,

If no modification is shown to regulation 88 requiring a director to be a member, then anyone that meets the requirements of regulation 88 can be nominated and consent to act to be a director.

Therefore 3b in the preliminary section should have no bearing, others may offer...
              25-07-2021, 11:40 AM
            • Who can become a director of a RMC?
              by David Mc
              Hi, Could anyone advise who can actually become a director of a RMC. We are a block of 30 flats, each flat has one share in the RMC. We employ a managing agent. The RMC holds the freehold to the property. The MA is the company secretary.

There are currently 2 directors, although...
              23-07-2021, 09:58 AM
            • Leaseholder placing table and chairs on freehold land
              by Joubert
              I am a director of a freehold company which comprises six leasehold flats in a converted building.

The leaseholder of the lower ground flat has taken to placing a small table and two chairs outside her front door for use when the weather is good. They items are not causing any obstruction....
              24-07-2021, 17:06 PM
            • Reply to Leaseholder placing table and chairs on freehold land
              by scot22
              More knowledgeable people than me have already posted.
              My view is if it is not permitted in the lease then not allowed to have table and chairs. If only access permitted then only access accepted. You can't cherry pick which parts of the lease you wish to obey.
              25-07-2021, 11:35 AM
              by ram
              It is not normal to have table and chairs outside a front door.

I would have thought at a minimum. you should be stating that they only have the right to pass and re-pass over the common ground in front of the house, they should not make table and chairs a permanent occurance, I.E. to take
              25-07-2021, 10:07 AM
              by nukecad
              TBH it sounds like the 'fellow director' doesn't like the noise being made, and so instead of having a word with the neighbour is going over the top and looking for a sledgehammer to crack a very small nut by trying to get the 'force' of the freehold company on his side.

It's a simple neighbour...
              25-07-2021, 09:39 AM
              by Lawcruncher
              Not enough to amount to adverse possession and in any event you cannot be in adverse possession against your landlord: However, after a period any land occupied may be treated as part of the land leased. It has to be doubted though that there is sufficient possession for that. Make a diary note to review...
              25-07-2021, 09:00 AM
            • Reply to Who can become a director of a RMC?
              by David Mc
              Hi Foss

Our A of A under the Directors heading has 6 items listed 11 to 16

11a deals with clause 75 Table A not applying to the company.
              11b number of directors, minimum2
              12 deals with clause 84 Table A
              13 Clause 87 does not apply
              15 Clause 88 unsound...
              25-07-2021, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to Changing Lease Clause to Permit Letting
              by ram
              [/FONT][/SIZE]
              • 1) Your possition - and mine, is NOT permitting letting will enhance the properties.
              • 2) Bad tenants DO adversely affect property values - normally.
              • 3) Your lease is not defective, so no need to change. And Judges HAVE gone along with the freeholder keeping the "no letting"
              24-07-2021, 23:42 PM
            • Changing Lease Clause to Permit Letting
              by witsend55
              Not sure if this is the best section to post in, so please move if it is considered best place elsewhere.

I have had ownership of a flat, one of just four in a converted house, for many years. There is a simple flat management structure; the four owners are directors and have one share...
              24-07-2021, 11:53 AM
            Working...
            X