Leaseholder neighbour has breached terms of his tenancy; who to enforce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaseholder neighbour has breached terms of his tenancy; who to enforce?

My upstair's neighbour's lease requires him to provide "carpets, or such other suitable floor coverings" and also has a "nuisance" clause. He has had his flat tiled. I am now being driven nuts by noise from above: something as innocent as a chair being moved is torturing me, and so far as I can see, the tenant is just living his life.

Both parties are leaseholders with a shared ownership housing association being the freeholder. There is also the added complication that the owner has sublet the flat, and there's a tenant in there. Every movement results in impact noise transmission, and I'm going round the bend.

Does anyone know how I can get the terms of my neighbour's lease enforced? Legally, who, or what, can compel my tenant to remove the tiles again?

Any insights would be truly welcomed!

you complain to the housing association, that upstairs is in breach of the lease, and you look forward to them enforcing the lease , which they a legally required to do ( incude the legaly bit ) and please advise when this incumberance will cease.

This post should be in the leasehold section

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X