How Do I Challenge an Unreasonable Registration Fee (Not an Administration Charge)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Forit View Post
    Hi fc1892, apologies for the slow reply - I only saw your post today - when I logged on to post an update! Etc
    Glad to hear the outcome. I wish more people would do as you did. More often than not agents demanding unreasonable fees will back off when seriously challenged. They rely on people taking the line of least resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Forit View Post

.... I take it from that that they will not take me to court, because they know they will lose.

....I shall send a registration fee of £24. I encourage everyone not to pay any unreasonable fees.
      Well done for persevering, I agree that leaseholders should make a stand against unreasonable fees. I recommend that you obtain a statement of account from the freeholder. I wonder what has happened to the "legal costs".

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post

Well done for persevering, I agree that leaseholders should make a stand against unreasonable fees. I recommend that you obtain a statement of account from the freeholder. I wonder what has happened to the "legal costs".
        Thank you eagle2. You are right, I do need to get confirmation from the freeholder that I owe them nothing. It is far better that I chase them than the other way round. It will be interesting to see if I can get a coherent response out of them, for once!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X