Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrospective permission

Hi
    I' looking to buy a leasehold flat. the seller installed a shower when updating bathroom . he did not seek permission from freeholder or head lease. I will would do the updating of consumer unit and wiring shower on dedicated circuit including the Part P and electrical legalities. But I would need to seek retrospective permission and have no idea of costs involved. I've asked conveyancer if they would hold an allowance until issue resolved as time for sale now an issue. We do not have name and address of head lease yet either.
    My question is, Is £1500 too much for this admin letters etc.
    any advice much appreciated.

I think you may be over thinking this. I've not asked permission to install an over bath shower at any of my flats. (It's just a higher tap, surely?)

Comment

thankyou. I may be but the lease states no alterations. Sending the required part P would show the bathroom was altered and new electric circuit installed. the electrician would notify buildings regs.

Comment

if the freeholder does not inspect the flat before sale of lease, and not many do, then once a lease / amendment is placed in your name, that means the freeholder is satisfied that everything is fine, and can't realy come back to you for retospective consent, as he -- "signed it off as being present and correct".
        The freholder would have come back to you or the seller to state there is a breach of contract. If you have received no notice, then just proceed.

£ 1500 to write 2 or 3 letters, - you must be joking !

Comment

OP are you saying that the previous owner installed an electric shower with no RCD protection?

Surely you want the seller to resolve this before you commit to buy

Comment

thankyou for help. very old fuse box. time issue with sale now so I would have work done. Money sorted for it. Freeholder no where to be seen so thankyou for all your help with costings . much appreciated Ram.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X