Advice for CCJ dispute over ground rent payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte, you came on to this site seeking help and advice about a court hearing. Support and advice were freely given, yet you fail in return to post any feedback from the hearing. Such feedback could have benefitted those who have tried to help or could have helped others in a similar position. It would have also improved the standing of this forum.

Your actions are very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by sgclacy View Post
      ...yet you fail in return to post any feedback from the hearing.
      It's possible that the OP doesn't know the outcome of the hearing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sgclacy View Post
        Charlotte, you came on to this site seeking help and advice about a court hearing. Support and advice were freely given, yet you fail in return to post any feedback from the hearing. Such feedback could have benefitted those who have tried to help or could have helped others in a similar position. It would have also improved the standing of this forum.

Your actions are very disappointing.

If it was a paper hearing the outcome may not be known yet.
        Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

i am involved in a case as defendant. It was brought in the County court, referred to FTT then send back to the County Court then sent back to FTT. I have actually lost track of where it is. I had trouble signing in to moneyclaim online and can only hope when they finally get round to hearing this I am informed by mail because I am having trouble logging in to the moneyclaim online account. I agreed to mediation and offered a settlement but the claimants position is that he would only accept the full amount of his claim. The claim lacks merit in a variety of ways, not least because it includes a claim for money that is statute barred.Will the Court or FTT contact me by email or letter because its so long since Ive used it that Ive now forgotten the password for this moneyclaim account!

Comment

Even when I have attended tribunal hearings have usually had to wait several weeks to receive the decision.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Resigning as RTM Director
              by MrT2014
              Thanks for all your replies & input. On the one hand I don't want to resign and cut off my nose to spite my face. But 7+ plus years of trying the carrot/stick approach with the other leasholders hasn't worked. They can't grasp (or choose to ignore) that it will cost many times more to ignore issues...
              24-06-2021, 00:24 AM
            • Resigning as RTM Director
              by MrT2014
              Hi,

After several years as a Director handling the admin for our small RTM I've had enough chasing the other two flat owners/directors who contribute very little and endlessly footdrag when stuff needs to be done. 90% of my time is spent sending reminder emails and I'm pretty much done...
              20-06-2021, 13:28 PM
            • Reply to Underletting clause and "informal arrangements"
              by Lawcruncher
              £65 is way over the top for registration so anything exceeding it is unreasonable.

Almost by definition a tenancy cannot be said to be informal. A licence is not covered by the clause.

What is the offending structure? When was it built? Please quote the alterations clause.
              23-06-2021, 23:25 PM
            • Underletting clause and "informal arrangements"
              by Hooper
              I have engaged solicitors on this but they have been somewhat lackluster so I am seeking opinion.

Leaseholders have built on property not demised to them (I am the freeholder). I am currently requiring them to take down the offending structure to avoid action for breach of covenant and...
              23-06-2021, 18:02 PM
            • Reply to How easy/difficult is it to set up a freehold management service?
              by ram
              Sounds lke you only have 2 Directors, is this correct.

If the block ( 5 flats ) is contracting out the management of the block, And you will be contracting out to a managing Agent , not a company then there must ba a management company with all 5 leaseholdrs having shares in that company,
              23-06-2021, 22:03 PM
            • How easy/difficult is it to set up a freehold management service?
              by riva
              I live in a share of freehold (block of 5 flats) and we are currently paying around 6k per flat for management/bills per annum. No concierge but there's a lift. It's an external management company that we outsource to. Thing is, I feel that they were coming up with rather expensive quotes and so I've...
              17-06-2021, 09:09 AM
            • Reply to Underletting clause and "informal arrangements"
              by ram
              You are the freeholder, the leaseholder of the flat HAS to abide by the lease.

Assuming the flat is sub-let ( let, and rent being paid )
              Either the sub-tenants are paying rent to an agent or the landlord of the flat. If to the agents, the agent has the flat owners address.
              23-06-2021, 21:47 PM
            • Reply to Management Company issues and Service Charge
              by MrSoffit
              That's leasehold. Yes there is an 18 month rule but I'll bet a jam sandwich the agent has a file of letters sent to you contempor (?) at the time. All date stamped and ready for court. If you can pay - pay. Pay under protest in bold type if necessary, but pay. Complain later. It will work out cheap...
              23-06-2021, 21:46 PM
            • Management Company issues and Service Charge
              by Bokun
              A bit of a complicated situation.

I co own a property. I live at the property and the other owner lives at another address. I just got a bill for unpaid service charges that have built up over 6 years as the service charge went up but the standing order that was set up stayed the same....
              23-06-2021, 21:17 PM
            • Reply to Resigning as RTM Director
              by ram
              Selling my leasehold property ? you ask, because I told MrT2014 to sell up.
              But I take no prisoners, don't care what I say if it's the truth ( of course in legal proceedures, one has to be delicate with ones words )

I find a lot of people, when advised what to do, are too scared to...
              23-06-2021, 10:27 AM
            Working...
            X