Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon999
    replied
    I suggest that you send your enquiry to the legal advisor at LEASE ( www.lease-advice.org )

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    To prevent landlords and tenants assigning from charging key money on short term tenancies, there was a time when if the rent of a residential property exceeded two-thirds of the rateable value that payment of a premium was illegal. The person receiving the premium was guilty of an offence and liable to repay the premium. With the introduction of the poll tax it all started to get a bit involved. At some later point the law was changed and it now seems that for long leases anything goes. I missed what legislation did that and do not know the current rules.

The question here (to which I do not have an answer) is whether the words in italics are to apply even though the law may have changed since the lease was granted.

Leave a comment:

• adnil andevile
    started a topic Ground Rent increases linked to property value

Ground Rent increases linked to property value

Any insights from those experienced in GR would be much appreciated.
    We have a flat where the Ground Rent is reviewed every 21 years and is due fore review on 1/1/2023.
    The GR started at £150 per annum.

The explanation in the lease regarding the review method is as follows ' The rent shall be subject to review on each 21st anniversary of the commencement date and shall be the sum of the rent plus such sum as shall be the difference (in percentage terms) between the Review Value of the Block and the First Value of the Block BUT so that such reviewed rent shall never equal or exceed such a sum as would in appropriate circumstances create an inhibition on the premium capable of being charged on an assignment of the Demised Premises in the same manner as set out in section 127 and Schedule 18 Part !! of the Rent Act 1977 or any amending or similar legislation in which case the Rent shall be £1.00 less than the sum which would otherwise be charged rather than the amount which creates an inhibition on the premium.' What does the wording in italics mean?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Worth buying flat with 15 years remaining?
    by ram
    With 15 years lease remaining, the property is almost valued at nil.

And no lender will give you a mortgage because the terms of a lease state that when the leased term ends, you give the property back to the freeholder, and you get no money for it.
    A lease is a long term rental in
    20-06-2021, 22:40 PM
  • Worth buying flat with 15 years remaining?
    by carcarrot94
    Saw a flat in London for around 460k with 15 years remaining on lease.
    Central London, prime area.

Would this property be unsavable in terms of lease extensions? How come people are wary to buy these?

What would it cost?...
    20-06-2021, 21:58 PM
  • Reply to Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    No it's in a purpose build flat building. One flat has extended out to the top floor staircase area where there was a window....
    20-06-2021, 21:59 PM
  • Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    Hi everyone!

I am a first-time buyer and saw a flat that I was interested in. It has a 999 year old lease. It is on sale through probate as the previous owner died.

The problem with it is that there seems to be an extra bedroom added by the leaseholder and that is not reflected...
    07-06-2021, 18:22 PM
  • Reply to Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    I think around 15 years ago?...
    20-06-2021, 21:59 PM
  • Resigning as RTM Director
    by MrT2014
    Hi,

After several years as a Director handling the admin for our small RTM I've had enough chasing the other two flat owners/directors who contribute very little and endlessly footdrag when stuff needs to be done. 90% of my time is spent sending reminder emails and I'm pretty much done...
    20-06-2021, 13:28 PM
  • Reply to Resigning as RTM Director
    by ram

It certainly IS,

But once no longer a Director or Company Sec, you can shout at them as much as you like.
    They can't sack you, can't force you out, can't make you pay more service charges just because you upset them.
    They won't talk to you or say good morning to you when
    20-06-2021, 21:56 PM
    by MrSoffit
    Hi,

Of course you can just resign. Write a letter to the registered office saying " I resign as a director of X Limited with immediate effect". No need to get bitter and rowdy. Hand back the keys to the company Rolls Royce and any company documents (insurance documents etc) to...
    20-06-2021, 20:54 PM
    by ram
    Downsides.
    You wont force their hand to do anything.
    They will just do nothing, no maintenence, no legal requirements implemented.( Saves them money )

Possibility of the company being struck off because the others wont submit accounts to Companies house, ( saves the acountants
    20-06-2021, 20:51 PM
  • Help understanding wording of lease for alterations covenant
    by NotTheLastLeaseholder
    I'm a leaseholder who has been researching all things lease related as to get a better understanding of the terms. I think I'm starting to get there but I am struggling with the phrasing in the covenant concerning alterations.

Here is my understanding thus far:

THE DEMISE...
    20-06-2021, 19:50 PM
Working...
X