Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared communal areas...advice please

Hi all
    wondering if you can help. My neighbours have basically started using the communal areas as an extension to their flat (we are both freeholders), I've casually mentioned a few times but now I think I need to send a slightly stronger note as it's really frustrating (there is a chair, a bike, and just various other things all in the hallway) how do I say it's not acceptable without damaging relations? They generally are nice people and think they just don't realise it's an inconvenience, and am I being unreasonable to request this?

Any advice would be so welcome. Thanks!

I would just point out that the hallway is your fire escape route and ask have you done anything to upset them ?

Comment

If you have peaceful enjoyment of your flat - i would not say anything.

Don't get carried away its only the communal part - so long as the objects are not blocking access.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reserve fund
        by Starlane
        Hello
        Our lease requires us to pay into a reserve fund, is this fund subject to S20 consultation? Or would the monies be used as stated in the lease for regular cyclical decoration which would come under repair and maintenance? Meaning as its cyclical no S20 required even though the amounts from...
        12-05-2021, 07:16 AM
      • Reply to Reserve fund
        by eagle2
        It is important as well to check if the lease requires the reserve/sinking fund to be held in a separate bank client account. If there is only a general bank client account, it is often raided for other purposes....
        16-05-2021, 04:58 AM
      • Informal lease extension advice - linked with RPI
        by NiallOisin
        Hi, I hope all is well. I've read some fantastic and very helpful advice on this forum and hoped someone may be able to help me with the particularities of my situation.

I am currently helping my mother extend her lease. As she is eager to sell the property in the near future, we do not...
        15-05-2021, 23:55 PM
      • Advice for CCJ dispute over ground rent payments
        by Charlotte163
        Advance warning: this is going to be a lengthy post – but I really would appreciate advice from anyone who might be able to help ..

For background: in 2017, I (along with 3 friends), purchased a leasehold property with the intention of renovating it and selling it on (the “investment...
        02-05-2021, 11:55 AM
      • Reply to Advice for CCJ dispute over ground rent payments
        by Macromia
        It's possible that the OP doesn't know the outcome of the hearing yet....
        15-05-2021, 21:02 PM
      • Reply to Reserve fund
        by Macromia
        It will depend on the what the lease says about a reserve fund, and whether or not it restricts the way that the fund is allowed to be used....
        15-05-2021, 20:54 PM
      • RICS code
        by Starlane
        Hello
        we are only a small site and for a small site which is supposed to be a dormant RMC the SC seems ridiculously high with most of the money being demanded for company Secretary , company accounts and high management fees and insurance.There are no services. The directors have now said that...
        05-05-2021, 17:05 PM
      • Reply to RICS code
        by Macromia
        Which is why Article 2 needs to be read as well.

Article 2 gives approval to the third edition of the code.
        Article 3 withdraws approval of the earlier version so that there can be no argument which applies.

Eventually the 4th edition will likely become the approved version...
        15-05-2021, 20:50 PM
      • Reply to RICS code
        by fos333
        As Macromia stated in #65 the 3rd Edition of 'The Code' is currently approved.

See;

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/.../made/data.xht...
        15-05-2021, 19:26 PM
      • Unreasonable Withholding of Consent by Freeholder?
        by wabdiddly
        Dear All,

Looking for an opinion and some legal views behind what I can do in the following situation.

My top floor flat has rather wonky flooring, which the structural engineer's report described as "in poor condition and needs levelling to provide satisfactory living...
        13-05-2021, 18:29 PM
      Working...
      X