Rogue management board and cladding grant funding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue management board and cladding grant funding?

Can anyone provide some guidance regarding The Private Sector ACM Cladding Remediation Fund? We are a residents group with apartments in an 8-floor building.

We are extremely dissatisfied with the way the current management board (one individual in particular) have been running our affairs, and we are trying to force an EGM so that residents can either choose to retain the existing board or vote one or more out.

The Board are aware of this and have written to residents saying that: “if the Board is disrupted (new members added or existing ones removed) during the cladding process/funding application, a new funding application would be required to be submitted and approved before the deadline. If this process is not completed each resident will be liable to pay their contribution towards the cladding works as opposed to obtaining government funding. This will result in approximately £60-70k costs to each resident on the estate as an additional cost on top of the service charge.”

By forcing an EGM at this time, the new board will also be causing approximately 6-12 months’ worth of delays to the cladding remedial works/funding application which will mean again more costs to all residents via a longer waking watch being required estimated costs of £75-£150k.

The existing board does not want to incur any unnecessary costs or delays to residents which will occur if disrupted

We do not know if they are simply scaremongering and trying to spread fear, so new directors aren’t voted in or whether what they assert is true. Based on what’s set out above, can we still go ahead with our desired EGM, or should we suspend this action?

Thank you in advance for any replies

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Worth buying flat with 15 years remaining?
    by carcarrot94
    Saw a flat in London for around 460k with 15 years remaining on lease.
    Central London, prime area.

Would this property be unsavable in terms of lease extensions? How come people are wary to buy these?

What would it cost?...
    20-06-2021, 21:58 PM
  • Reply to Worth buying flat with 15 years remaining?
    by ram
    With 15 years lease remaining, the property is almost valued at nil.

And no lender will give you a mortgage because the terms of a lease state that when the leased term ends, you give the property back to the freeholder, and you get no money for it.
    A lease is a long term rental in
    20-06-2021, 22:40 PM
  • Reply to Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    No it's in a purpose build flat building. One flat has extended out to the top floor staircase area where there was a window....
    20-06-2021, 21:59 PM
  • Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    Hi everyone!

I am a first-time buyer and saw a flat that I was interested in. It has a 999 year old lease. It is on sale through probate as the previous owner died.

The problem with it is that there seems to be an extra bedroom added by the leaseholder and that is not reflected...
    07-06-2021, 18:22 PM
  • Reply to Title deeds don't match floor plan
    by carcarrot94
    I think around 15 years ago?...
    20-06-2021, 21:59 PM
  • Resigning as RTM Director
    by MrT2014
    Hi,

After several years as a Director handling the admin for our small RTM I've had enough chasing the other two flat owners/directors who contribute very little and endlessly footdrag when stuff needs to be done. 90% of my time is spent sending reminder emails and I'm pretty much done...
    20-06-2021, 13:28 PM
  • Reply to Resigning as RTM Director
    by ram

It certainly IS,

But once no longer a Director or Company Sec, you can shout at them as much as you like.
    They can't sack you, can't force you out, can't make you pay more service charges just because you upset them.
    They won't talk to you or say good morning to you when
    20-06-2021, 21:56 PM
    by MrSoffit
    Hi,

Of course you can just resign. Write a letter to the registered office saying " I resign as a director of X Limited with immediate effect". No need to get bitter and rowdy. Hand back the keys to the company Rolls Royce and any company documents (insurance documents etc) to...
    20-06-2021, 20:54 PM
    by ram
    Downsides.
    You wont force their hand to do anything.
    They will just do nothing, no maintenence, no legal requirements implemented.( Saves them money )

Possibility of the company being struck off because the others wont submit accounts to Companies house, ( saves the acountants
    20-06-2021, 20:51 PM
  • Help understanding wording of lease for alterations covenant
    by NotTheLastLeaseholder
    I'm a leaseholder who has been researching all things lease related as to get a better understanding of the terms. I think I'm starting to get there but I am struggling with the phrasing in the covenant concerning alterations.

Here is my understanding thus far:

THE DEMISE...
    20-06-2021, 19:50 PM
Working...
X