Rmc wanting owner details

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rmc wanting owner details

    Hi , another question ...we have a managing agent , is it ok for our directors to have details of owners emails phone numbers addresses ? Would the directors be able to use these as individuals or only as a board ? Would it best for rmc to set up a company email to contact owners rather than use their own personal emails ? Why would directors want to use owners emails when they employ a managing company ? Does a director have to give their email to owners ?

    Thank you again

    The RMC has obligations to keep a list of its members and address and their contact details because the company has to report the names of its members to Companies House. If the RMC has access to the list kept by the managing agent, then its not necessary for RMC to keep a separate list of members and contact details.


      It is good practice for the leaseholders and the directors to be able to communicate with each other. That can be achieved in different ways eg newsletters, emails, telephone conversations etc. It is more usual for the directors to have one email address which all of them can access but there is nothing wrong in supplying their individual email addresses. One obvious reason for being able to communicate directly with the directors is if you have comments to make regarding the managing agent.


        Eagke2 , thank you for your reply. Yes i was thinking a company email would be better to keep a record of contact and info in one place . And so differing responses didnt go out


          Gordon ,thank you again.


            They communicate with leaseholders/shareholders using their address for service. That is usually a postal address. If you don't given an alternative address for service they use the flat address itself. It causes big problems for you if you miss important mail.

            You can give the email address additionally if you like. That way when you go on holiday and water starts flooding from your flat you might not end up with a £50,000 service charge bill/insurance claim/legal action.

            The Directors/company are entitled to everything the employed agent has. They are one and the same.


              The RMC will have a registered office, usually the same address as the agent, to receive important documents, The directors should make the lines of communication clear so that maintenance issues are reported directly to the agent,


                If the RMC has owner details they should register with the ICO for GDPR reasons. It is not expensive, £35 pa.


                Latest Activity


                • Breach of leasehold terms with floor that's causing noise; who to enforce?
                  by SharedOwnrshpLeaseholdr
                  My upstair's neighbour's lease requires him to provide "carpets, or such other suitable floor coverings", and it also has a "nuisance" clause. He has had his flat tiled. I am now being driven nuts by noise from above. Every movement results in impact noise transmission, and I'm going...
                  13-05-2021, 21:58 PM
                • Reply to Unreasonable Withholding of Consent by Freeholder?
                  by Lawcruncher
                  You do not need permission to carry out repairs if you have an obligation to do them.

                  If the lease only prohibits structural alterations you can carry out non-structural alterations. Taking down or putting up non-structural walls is not structural. What exactly does your lease say about...
                  13-05-2021, 21:25 PM
                • Unreasonable Withholding of Consent by Freeholder?
                  by wabdiddly
                  Dear All,

                  Looking for an opinion and some legal views behind what I can do in the following situation.

                  My top floor flat has rather wonky flooring, which the structural engineer's report described as "in poor condition and needs levelling to provide satisfactory living...
                  13-05-2021, 18:29 PM
                • Reply to Tenants refusing to vacate
                  by theartfullodger
                  An s21 notice does not end a tenancy nor compel a tenant to leave. The tenant is simply exercising their right, unde s5 of Housing Act 1988 ( Thatcher's ) to remain until court, court order, bailiffs/HCEO. The self-same Act ( Thatcher's ) that permits us landlords to serve s21s.

                  Their agreement...
                  13-05-2021, 19:19 PM
                • Tenants refusing to vacate
                  by Landlord2021
                  Our tenants have been issued with a section 21 back in December. Having had six months notice they are now refusing to vacate the property as their new build house is not ready. We have sold the property subject to contract. Our buyers want to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday. What if anything...
                  13-05-2021, 17:10 PM
                • Reply to Tenants refusing to vacate
                  by Jon66
                  Write to them pointing out you are now able to proceed to court and that you intend to do so. That this will incur costs and legal fees, that court judgements of any sort would not reflect well on their mortgage application, that once a possession order has been granted you will incur additional bailiff...
                  13-05-2021, 18:55 PM
                • Reply to Lack of lighting in communal areas
                  by fos333
                  Thanks for the replies.

                  The managing agent instructs the adjustment of the photocells, however, the current directors are ignorant to the issue now as it can't be impacting on them.

                  Further to the communal lighting not coming on early enough is the fact that the managing agent...
                  13-05-2021, 18:44 PM
                • Lack of lighting in communal areas
                  by fos333
                  Hi all,

                  Who is responsible if the lack of lighting in the communal area results in injury to the occupiers of the flats?

                  The lights for the two main blocks are controlled by two photocells that can be adjusted, but at 2100 hrs tonight the internal communal lights had still...
                  12-05-2021, 20:26 PM
                • Evidence of leasehold interest?
                  by Bengt Lagander
                  I have just completed on the purchase of a long Leasehold flat.

                  Separately I am apply for a Court order restoration of the Limited Company that own the freehold which was dissolved on 15 th June 2015 so the application needs to be sent by server to the Court before 15th June 2021. This...
                  13-05-2021, 18:19 PM
                • Reply to Tenants refusing to vacate
                  by 1600e
                  There is nothing you can do other than see if a hefty lump sum will persuade them....
                  13-05-2021, 18:10 PM