Viewing Lease before buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i recently had this on a flat , i wanted to know what the lease said prior to making an offer . i just contacted land registry and paid the fee and they sent a copy to me . very efficient and worth paying

Comment

I always ask for a copy of the lease, often get the same response as you but simply say I won't make an offer without it. Chances are the estate agent won't have been given it but they can ask for it. Alternatively you can get it from Land Registry for £7.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah B View Post
        I always ask for a copy of the lease, often get the same response as you but simply say I won't make an offer without it. you can get it from Land Registry for £7.
        And reduce the payment for the flat by £ 7. as you are BUYING the lease that enables persons the legal right to live there ( no lease - then you cant live there ) and sellers / agents REFUSED to supply a copy of the lease that you were buying so you could see if the stipulations / rules/ restrictions were acceptable, so charge them for it.

They have to learn, these sellers and agents. The hard way. Just transfer money less £ 7 and tell seller the agents / solicitors refused to give you a copy of that which you were buying.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X