Structural Alteration/Consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can knock up a form of licence, but need to know how the company executes deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post

You can't breach a lease based on a majority.
      Does this also mean that a majority means Freeholder does not have to act if a leaseholder raised complaint to the Freeholder?

E.g. where a breach occurs by one of the 3 leaseholders. The other 2 leaseholders who each also owns a share in the freehold decided to disregard the breach of lease.

Comment

AZ breach is a breach. It is not determined by a majority vote but by the lease.

Acting on a breach is a different matter. The freeholder is generally obliged to uphold the lease, but if every lessee and the freeholder disagree the lease should be disobeyed (I would get that in writing from all the parties) then I guess you could safely ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
          AZ breach is a breach. It is not determined by a majority vote but by the lease.

Acting on a breach is a different matter. The freeholder is generally obliged to uphold the lease, but if every lessee and the freeholder disagree the lease should be disobeyed (I would get that in writing from all the parties) then I guess you could safely ignore.
          This might be common in real life.

A minority director probably cannot take action against the other directors for permitting the breach? I guess it is for the leaseholder (i.e. the minority director ) to take action against the Freeholder for not upholding the leases and pursuing the director for failure to act or to make decision that is not in the best interest of the freeholder.

Comment

Originally posted by HLT View Post

This might be common in real life.

A minority director probably cannot take action against the other directors for permitting the breach? I guess it is for the leaseholder (i.e. the minority director ) to take action against the Freeholder for not upholding the leases and pursuing the director for failure to act or to make decision that is not in the best interest of the freeholder.
            It's a tricky thing and the law is a pig here. What does the lease say about obliging the freeholder to uphold OTHER leases.

Comment

Good question sadly for the lease I have it only says that

The lessor hereby covenants with the Lesse....at the request (but in all respects at the cost) of the Lessee to enforce against the lessees for the time being of the other flat in building any covenants right or other provision........provided the lessee has deposited with the lessor's solicitors for the time

Practically this means might as well sue the Freeholder directly. In reality, one might as well just do the same as the other lessees.

Comment

No not really - that clause is essential - without that you cannot sue the freeholder for not upholding someone else's lease.

You need to insist that the freeholder does the thing first though (and agree to pay).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Is applying to FTT to appoint manager my best option?
                  by Tom H
                  I own a long leasehold in a purpose-built flat comprising of just two flats. The freeholder also owns and resides in the flat that is directly above me.
                  Despite numerous attempts to get him to carry out essential maintenance to the property as per the provisions in the lease (about a third of...
                  03-08-2021, 15:31 PM
                • Reply to Is applying to FTT to appoint manager my best option?
                  by vmart
                  Dear Tom

You are indeed in a difficult position since you cannot buy the freehold.

Personally, I would avoid applying to the FTT to appoint a manager given reports of high charges and little by way of recourse usually open to leaseholders once a manager is in place.
                  03-08-2021, 18:24 PM
                • RMC who decides annual budget
                  by scot22
                  Is the budget a board of directors decision or MUST it be ratified by shareholders at the A.G.M ?

If so would it be an ordinary resolution or special requiring 75% to be ratified ?
                  02-08-2021, 10:55 AM
                • Reply to RMC who decides annual budget
                  by ram
                  I may have shares in B.T. so can I object to their spending of £ millions on below ? which are not needed, as there are plenty of other firms doing it ?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...low-spots.html

I feel it
                  03-08-2021, 15:42 PM
                • Removing a director
                  by LaraJara21
                  Hi all.

The residents management company is currently being run by a director who is very uncooperative. After 2 years of asking for a meeting, asking for copies of accounts, the insurance policy, just anythings in relation to the limited company, he refuses and continues to be very difficult....
                  03-08-2021, 14:21 PM
                • Reply to Removing a director
                  by eagle2
                  You can arrange a meeting of members but you must include on the agenda that you intend to remove the director. You must give special notice to the director that he is subject to the vote and you must allow him to make a statement at the meeting, Make sure that you have the minimum number of directors...
                  03-08-2021, 15:05 PM
                • Reply to Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
                  by Starlane
                  I think as RAM was saying Eagle2 , I don't think a member would be liable for the costs and I have put forward that It is important to bear in mind that the award of costs is always at the discretion of the court.

I stated " including but not limited to making an application for an...
                  03-08-2021, 13:41 PM
                • Can directors put taking legal advice through the service charge?
                  by Starlane
                  Hello, I hope your week is going well! I firstly want to thank some of the contributors in this site as you have been very helpful with sharing your experiences and knowledge.

So the situation is..I have sent the landlord company and its directors a preliminary notice.I also tried to...
                  02-08-2021, 21:03 PM
                  by eagle2
                  The agent should never be allowed the freedom to set the budget, it should recommend expenditure but it should never be the one to set it. Otherwise, a substantial part of the expenditure is likely to end up in the hands of that agent and its connected contractors,

The agent should always...
                  03-08-2021, 11:25 AM
                  by MrSoffit
                  As already said, company directors are responsible to manage. If the directors do not table a resolution invited members to vote on a budget (and they would be fools to do so), the members must use a special resolution to force the directors to a different outcome. Unless the articles of the RMC say...
                  03-08-2021, 11:07 AM
                Working...
                X