Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building regulation completion certificate

Hi,
    we are currently in the process of selling our leasehold flat.our current buyer is asking for building regulation completion certificate from us, as when we bought the flat the freeholder had already done refurbishment to the property.The buyer is querying the removal of the chimney breast, their solicitor is saying that the indemnity insurance is not enough, which our solicitor completely disagree with.

The reason for that disagreement from our solicitor is that the chimney breast removal is historic work and as far as we are concerned if the survey did not bring up any concerns about the chimney breast and it has been like that in excess of 10yrs then indemnity insurance is acceptable. we do not have the building regulation completion certificate.

Pls can you help how can we get around this to move things forward, and satisfy our buyer.

There can be an issue with indemnity insurance if questions have been asked already, maybe that is the problem?

Eg asked for cert, reply, not got one, so cannot buy insurance because the thing has happened. It is kind of insurance in case you discover some work is required to fix a cert problem. I don't think it is insurance against the wall collapsing.

So sometimes it is better to not have asked.

Just my laymans interpretation, I find indemnity insurance is really good for things like the request for certs on 20 year old double glazing.

Comment

sorry just found out that we do have building regulation certificate. The buyers solicitor is now saying the indemnity insurance is not enough.

Comment

If you have cert, then no need for insurance, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by taiping View Post
          sorry just found out that we do have building regulation certificate. The buyers solicitor is now saying the indemnity insurance is not enough.
          Give a copy of certificate to your buyer to proceed with the sale; if necessary by changing to another conveyancing solicitor.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X