Quick query about RTM Claim notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick query about RTM Claim notices

I just wanted to ask a quick query about a RTM claim, the only address / contact details we have for our freeholder is the company / address listed on the land registry and our lease as our freeholder. Is it sufficient only for the notice to be sent to this address in terms of notifying the freeholder of the claim. We have the contact details for the other leaseholders in the building who have all been invited to form the RTM company and notified of the claim.

Thanks

Jazzy

You need to cover all bases and not give any excuse for it to be thrown out. Also serve on managing agents and any address given to you on ground rent notice.
    OUr RTM was delayed over minor address technicality.

Comment

If the freeholder is a Company, you should use the registered office which you can obtain at Companies House.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
        If the freeholder is a Company, you should use the registered office which you can obtain at Companies House.
        This is the address we have used.

Comment

Section20z,

I understood that as our managing is not mentioned or listed in our lease there is no duty to serve notice on them?

Comment

You’re correct only to serve on those who are party to the lease - therefore not required to serve on the managing agents.

Sevice charge invoices have to contain landlords address for service of notices. For us this was the same address as the registered address of the freehold company.

Comment

When registering a purchase of a freehold (or leasehold interest ) at the land registry the form AP1 requires you to give the land registry your address for service

So I would use the address at the Land Registry

Comment

Thank you for the replies, I had been worried that despite knowing the freeholders solicitor, the RTM claim company we used only wrote to them at the 11th hour the freeholders solicitor has contacted everyone to say the freeholder is not contesting. So all good!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X