Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer pulled out due to freeholder

Hi,

How do you sell a flat that has a 'dodgy' freeholder? A buyer recently pulled out of a sale due to the advice of their solicitor, they claim the new freeholders are 'dodgy' (freeholder is in the process of changing hands). I did a bit of googling on them and they have been taken to court a few years ago so there is some truth to their claim. There is also an article about them sending a consultation noticefor an extortionate sum for major works.

They were also worried that the new freeholder could appoint a new Managing Agent thus increasing service charges. However, our MA are instructed by a Residental Management Company Limited, not the freeholder so the freeholder would not entitled to remove any MA, this would be down the management company.

How will we sell our property now without putting of the new buyer? What if our new buyers use the same solicitor? Do we need to be upfront with any new potential buyers about this problem? Is there anything else we would need to be worried about?

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

​​​​​​​

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Desperately need help. License to alter
    by Freeholder67
    I am leaseholder and co- freehold of a ground floor victorian conversion flat.

Planning permission approved in June 2020 Wandsworth planning 2020/2049
    I have structural engineer drawings, architect drawings.
    Party walls agreed with both neighbours either side without issue.
    29-03-2021, 21:41 PM
  • Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
    by flyingfreehold
    The actual consent to the works would be granted under the licence, everything else is likely to be subject to licence. Until you have the licence in your sweaty palm, you don't have strictly speaking have licence. Sometimes the landlord or his agent or surveyor will say Ok you have the nod, the licence...
    18-04-2021, 15:23 PM
  • Reply to New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
    by dimension7
    Hi All,
    I have now requested and reviewed the account from 2017, 18, 19 for the RMC. Accounts for 2020 were not provided. The accounts have been signed off by the Managing Agent on behalf of the directors of the RMC. I also note that the account have been audited by a company related (husband/wife)...
    18-04-2021, 14:08 PM
  • New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
    by dimension7
    Hello,
    I'm a First-time buyer.

I'm about to purchase a flat as my main home and upon studying the lease and the various forums I have come to understand,
    • The lease is a tri-party lease between myself, the freeholder and the managing company
    • The managing company is setup as an
    05-04-2021, 11:36 AM
  • Remainder or Reversion Leases
    by first timer 123
    Can someone please explain something as I sincerely do not know what I'm missing or not understanding.

On our property there is a building that the neighbouring property occupies. It has been this way since at least the early 1900's

As part of our pre-registration deeds for...
    18-04-2021, 13:42 PM
  • Viewing Lease before buying
    by jp13abk
    Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for all the information that has been shared on this website. It has been of great help.

I'm looking at several flats for my first property purchase and I have asked the estate agencies to please send me the lease.

I'd like to...
    12-04-2021, 13:23 PM
  • Reply to Viewing Lease before buying
    by ram

And reduce the payment for the flat by £ 7. as you are BUYING the lease that enables persons the legal right to live there ( no lease - then you cant live there ) and sellers / agents REFUSED to supply a copy of the lease that you were buying so you could see if the stipulations / rules/
    18-04-2021, 10:52 AM
  • Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
    by Freeholder67
    Thankyou flyingfreehold.
    The licence to alter report is now with solicitors who is drafting the licence. Conditions stated in the report have been met ( temp works design and drawings, hours of work etc. Do I wait until it is physically signed by both freeholders before any work started as I have...
    18-04-2021, 03:40 AM
  • Rmc wanting owner details
    by thenunn
    Hi , another question ...we have a managing agent , is it ok for our directors to have details of owners emails phone numbers addresses ? Would the directors be able to use these as individuals or only as a board ? Would it best for rmc to set up a company email to contact owners rather than use their...
    13-04-2021, 22:41 PM
  • Reply to Rmc wanting owner details
    by Sarah B
    If the RMC has owner details they should register with the ICO for GDPR reasons. It is not expensive, £35 pa.
    18-04-2021, 02:29 AM
Working...
X