Buy a leasehold flat in London, the Freehold is owned by a property trust. Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a leasehold flat in London, the Freehold is owned by a property trust. Trouble?

Flat is (2 flat house conversion). Thanks! The company are Grainger PLC.

You need a good solicitor to check over the lease and to obtain last 3 years accounts.

What is the general state of the building - a survey is beneficial.

Why is the vendor moving?

Comment

Originally posted by browbotham View Post
      Flat is (2 flat house conversion). Thanks! The company are Grainger PLC.
      No problem with them - responsible and have traded for many years

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
        by flyingfreehold
        The actual consent to the works would be granted under the licence, everything else is likely to be subject to licence. Until you have the licence in your sweaty palm, you don't have strictly speaking have licence. Sometimes the landlord or his agent or surveyor will say Ok you have the nod, the licence...
        18-04-2021, 15:23 PM
      • Desperately need help. License to alter
        by Freeholder67
        I am leaseholder and co- freehold of a ground floor victorian conversion flat.

Planning permission approved in June 2020 Wandsworth planning 2020/2049
        I have structural engineer drawings, architect drawings.
        Party walls agreed with both neighbours either side without issue.
        29-03-2021, 21:41 PM
      • Reply to New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
        by dimension7
        Hi All,
        I have now requested and reviewed the account from 2017, 18, 19 for the RMC. Accounts for 2020 were not provided. The accounts have been signed off by the Managing Agent on behalf of the directors of the RMC. I also note that the account have been audited by a company related (husband/wife)...
        18-04-2021, 14:08 PM
      • New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
        by dimension7
        Hello,
        I'm a First-time buyer.

I'm about to purchase a flat as my main home and upon studying the lease and the various forums I have come to understand,
        • The lease is a tri-party lease between myself, the freeholder and the managing company
        • The managing company is setup as an
        05-04-2021, 11:36 AM
      • Remainder or Reversion Leases
        by first timer 123
        Can someone please explain something as I sincerely do not know what I'm missing or not understanding.

On our property there is a building that the neighbouring property occupies. It has been this way since at least the early 1900's

As part of our pre-registration deeds for...
        18-04-2021, 13:42 PM
      • Reply to Viewing Lease before buying
        by ram

And reduce the payment for the flat by £ 7. as you are BUYING the lease that enables persons the legal right to live there ( no lease - then you cant live there ) and sellers / agents REFUSED to supply a copy of the lease that you were buying so you could see if the stipulations / rules/
        18-04-2021, 10:52 AM
      • Viewing Lease before buying
        by jp13abk
        Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for all the information that has been shared on this website. It has been of great help.

I'm looking at several flats for my first property purchase and I have asked the estate agencies to please send me the lease.

I'd like to...
        12-04-2021, 13:23 PM
      • Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
        by Freeholder67
        Thankyou flyingfreehold.
        The licence to alter report is now with solicitors who is drafting the licence. Conditions stated in the report have been met ( temp works design and drawings, hours of work etc. Do I wait until it is physically signed by both freeholders before any work started as I have...
        18-04-2021, 03:40 AM
      • Rmc wanting owner details
        by thenunn
        Hi , another question ...we have a managing agent , is it ok for our directors to have details of owners emails phone numbers addresses ? Would the directors be able to use these as individuals or only as a board ? Would it best for rmc to set up a company email to contact owners rather than use their...
        13-04-2021, 22:41 PM
      • Reply to Rmc wanting owner details
        by Sarah B
        If the RMC has owner details they should register with the ICO for GDPR reasons. It is not expensive, £35 pa.
        18-04-2021, 02:29 AM
      Working...
      X