Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTM Question - Leaseholder moving house

Hi There,

Just looking for some advice as I currently run the admin of the RTM myself and two other leaseholders have for our terrace conversion (three self contained flats).
    All has been going pretty well with it and we run it fairly informally through a Whatsapp group and I take care of doing any admin i.e. the bank account, building insurance, companies house, etc.
    However one of the leaseholders has sold their flat and is now moving, her solicitor has sent some questions my way which include; confirming if any notice is to be served to the management company and if there are any fees to join.

I've looked on Google and as usual there are a million confusing links - as far as we're concerned I would have thought as we do it informally there would be no notice and I could just remove her via the companies house website on the day they complete and replace her with the new leaseholder incurring the small fee that Companies House charge to do it.
    Is it this simple of would we need to inform the landlord and would there be additional fees from them, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Normally no fees for a flat owner to join their own RTM as a member - confirmed in the company articles. The articles will also state the process for a new member to join the RTM.

Regarding notices, is the sellers solicitor referring to Notice of assignment?

I understand this Notice is issued to the RTM company who in turn will advise the the freeholder of the new lessee. i believe the freeholder can charge for this..

The RTM will have to wait 30 days before the notice is approved.

Glad to hear the RTM is working for you all.

Comment

Thank you - was just to do with the shareholders notification on companies house, notice of assignment is being done direct with the landlord

Comment

Ok. The register of members records are normally kept at the companies registered office.

I didn’t realise you had elected to keep the members register in the public record at Companies House.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Rmc wanting owner details
          by thenunn
          Hi , another question ...we have a managing agent , is it ok for our directors to have details of owners emails phone numbers addresses ? Would the directors be able to use these as individuals or only as a board ? Would it best for rmc to set up a company email to contact owners rather than use their...
          13-04-2021, 22:41 PM
        • Reply to Rmc wanting owner details
          by Gordon999
          The RMC has obligations to keep a list of its members and address and their contact details because the company has to report the names of its members to Companies House. If the RMC has access to the list kept by the managing agent, then its not necessary for RMC to keep a separate list of...
          14-04-2021, 03:45 AM
        • Reply to Share of freehold lease extension
          by Gordon999
          In UK, the leasehold property system is covered by the Landlord & Tenant Acts & Housing Acts . Under this system, the freeholder is the legal owner of the building and leaseholders are tenants under a long term rental agreement .

Under the law in England & Wales only, ...
          13-04-2021, 21:54 PM
        • Share of freehold lease extension
          by Ariadne
          We are extending our share of freehold lease as it’s under the 70 year mark.

Both leases of the two flats are equal so it should be a paper based exercise, I’m told. We are both happy to go ahead.

How long should we extend for? 999 seems obvious but are there any...
          13-04-2021, 03:25 AM
        • Recordings and transcripts
          by Sandy1986
          I recorded the last shareholders AGM on my phone in my pocket. The meeting was held outside in the carpark of the flats. I didn't tell anybody I was recording but I did it because things that are discussed and agreed at meetings are rarely reflected in the minutes. I didn't check the minutes which I...
          13-04-2021, 15:56 PM
        • Reply to Recordings and transcripts
          by theartfullodger
          How, in advance of conversation, do you know if you are dealing with a crook?
          13-04-2021, 21:49 PM
        • Reply to Viewing Lease before buying
          by sgclacy
          The e professional service does enable me to download a lease - I do it many times each month !...
          13-04-2021, 20:48 PM
        • Viewing Lease before buying
          by jp13abk
          Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for all the information that has been shared on this website. It has been of great help.

I'm looking at several flats for my first property purchase and I have asked the estate agencies to please send me the lease.

I'd like to...
          12-04-2021, 13:23 PM
        • Reply to Recordings and transcripts
          by AndrewDod
          There is nothing illegal about recording a conversation about which you are a part, without telling anyone. Covert recordings of conversations of others where you are not there not so good. Phone conversations have special rules in some countries.

I would openly record though unless dealing...
          13-04-2021, 20:47 PM
        • Reply to Viewing Lease before buying
          by jp13abk
          After pestering the estate agent, asking people that live in the same block of flats and doing a few online searches, I managed to get answers for most of the questions.

I decided to place an offer subject to contract and, despite it hasn’t been accepted yet, the lease got sent shortly...
          13-04-2021, 19:56 PM
        Working...
        X