Small claim online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small claim online

I have finally submitted the claim online and it is now nearing 14 days since the claim paperwork was delivered and the leaseholder doesn't pick up the post.

Please note the leaseholder doesn't live in the address and didn't provide FHs or our solicitor with his current address.

So my question is what is next for me?

Just wait for the court to notify me that no reply received and file for default payments and then send paperwork to leaseholder mortgage company?

it is northern rock and they did not reply to my previous letters re insurance not valid.

​​​​​​

You should apply for judgement in default.

Then contact Northern Rock asking if they will settle on the borrowers' behalf, if they decline (very unlikely) then have a solicitor issue proceedings for possession and or issue a Section 146 Notice - that for certain will make Northern Rock pay up

Comment

The mortgagee would require a copy of the court order and would ask the leaseholder if there is any reason not to pay. That may be the first time that the leaseholder becomes aware of the legal action and an application could be made to strike out the court order.

Comment

sgclacy , could I do it? It is for property maintenance, not ground rent - I'm under impression I should 1st apply to section 168? Or did I get it wrong?

Comment

eagle2 , I have a bundle of post not picked up for the last 6 months or more.
          so don't think the mortgage company will get a reply from the leaseholder.

And if they do - well he would need to provide his current address.

Comment

can't you track him down on social media?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna1985 View Post
              sgclacy , could I do it? It is for property maintenance, not ground rent - I'm under impression I should 1st apply to section 168? Or did I get it wrong?
              Easy enough, just log in online and apply for default judgement once response time has elapsed. After another few days they will issue judgement, you just send it on to Northern Rock.
              Personally I would issue s146 alongside (plenty of sample forms online) and charge another £150 to cover the hassle.
              Northern Rock will pay within 7 days once you have court ruling.

Comment

You can use a tracing agent if you wish to make contact with the leaseholder. Issuing forfeiture proceedings will only damage the relationship.

Comment

eagle2 , there is no relationship to damage - the LL doesn't want to do any maintenance as he doesn't live in the property.
                  both FFS live in the property. We want property to be maintained well.

So there is a problem and it would be only be resolved when LLS will get an understanding that he needs to pay his fair share and starts acting as a LL.

We do know where LLs lives but he didn't provide his actual address neither to us nor solicitor so according to LR he is living at the address.

​​​​​

Comment

Section20z , I'm under impression that I need a breach to be confirmed by court ie application for section 168.

Once I have it then, section 146 notice

Comment

What is the point of playing games, if you know his address, just send correspondence to him. You should be trying to bridge the differences, instead you are fuelling the fire which will only cause further problems in future.

Comment

Anna1985,

My understanding is that a court judgement is acceptable prerequisite for s146 and I have used this many times. It's not your job to trace someone who is avoiding their obligations, he can contact you if he wants to build a relationship.

Comment

Section20z , thank you, I will check if that is sufficient.
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

eagle2 - what games do I play?
                            Do I hide my address or other FF's one - nope.
                            Do we ask monies for something that is not in the lease - nope.
                            we just want our house to be safe and well maintained.
                            Why do you think we are playing games?
                            ​​​​​​
                            ​​​​​​why you don't think so about the person who simply refuse to have any repairs or basic maintenance carried out?
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Section20z , yes you are right, a small claim determination is sufficient.

Unfortunately we would need to wait until we claim next payment for repairs, as the current one is under £350.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Desperately need help. License to alter
                                by Freeholder67
                                I am leaseholder and co- freehold of a ground floor victorian conversion flat.

Planning permission approved in June 2020 Wandsworth planning 2020/2049
                                I have structural engineer drawings, architect drawings.
                                Party walls agreed with both neighbours either side without issue.
                                29-03-2021, 21:41 PM
                              • Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
                                by flyingfreehold
                                The actual consent to the works would be granted under the licence, everything else is likely to be subject to licence. Until you have the licence in your sweaty palm, you don't have strictly speaking have licence. Sometimes the landlord or his agent or surveyor will say Ok you have the nod, the licence...
                                18-04-2021, 15:23 PM
                              • Reply to New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
                                by dimension7
                                Hi All,
                                I have now requested and reviewed the account from 2017, 18, 19 for the RMC. Accounts for 2020 were not provided. The accounts have been signed off by the Managing Agent on behalf of the directors of the RMC. I also note that the account have been audited by a company related (husband/wife)...
                                18-04-2021, 14:08 PM
                              • New flat purchasing advice needed please. RMC run by managing agent as director
                                by dimension7
                                Hello,
                                I'm a First-time buyer.

I'm about to purchase a flat as my main home and upon studying the lease and the various forums I have come to understand,
                                • The lease is a tri-party lease between myself, the freeholder and the managing company
                                • The managing company is setup as an
                                05-04-2021, 11:36 AM
                              • Remainder or Reversion Leases
                                by first timer 123
                                Can someone please explain something as I sincerely do not know what I'm missing or not understanding.

On our property there is a building that the neighbouring property occupies. It has been this way since at least the early 1900's

As part of our pre-registration deeds for...
                                18-04-2021, 13:42 PM
                              • Viewing Lease before buying
                                by jp13abk
                                Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for all the information that has been shared on this website. It has been of great help.

I'm looking at several flats for my first property purchase and I have asked the estate agencies to please send me the lease.

I'd like to...
                                12-04-2021, 13:23 PM
                              • Reply to Viewing Lease before buying
                                by ram

And reduce the payment for the flat by £ 7. as you are BUYING the lease that enables persons the legal right to live there ( no lease - then you cant live there ) and sellers / agents REFUSED to supply a copy of the lease that you were buying so you could see if the stipulations / rules/
                                18-04-2021, 10:52 AM
                              • Reply to Desperately need help. License to alter
                                by Freeholder67
                                Thankyou flyingfreehold.
                                The licence to alter report is now with solicitors who is drafting the licence. Conditions stated in the report have been met ( temp works design and drawings, hours of work etc. Do I wait until it is physically signed by both freeholders before any work started as I have...
                                18-04-2021, 03:40 AM
                              • Reply to Rmc wanting owner details
                                by Sarah B
                                If the RMC has owner details they should register with the ICO for GDPR reasons. It is not expensive, £35 pa.
                                18-04-2021, 02:29 AM
                              • Rmc wanting owner details
                                by thenunn
                                Hi , another question ...we have a managing agent , is it ok for our directors to have details of owners emails phone numbers addresses ? Would the directors be able to use these as individuals or only as a board ? Would it best for rmc to set up a company email to contact owners rather than use their...
                                13-04-2021, 22:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X