Good block managers in North London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good block managers in North London

There seems a desperate need for places to review and discuss the performance of block managers. These are reasonably rare contracts and it is almost a total black box -- with the only real information on the marginal cases that end up at Tribunal.

Anyone who knows of good managers (or even OK managers who are not crooks) in North London, please Private Message me. Please.

Why has nobody set up a website reviewing these companies? I would have thought that so long as it stuck to the facts it would be pretty risk free (Tribunal cases, issues arising, fees, sample contracts). We live in a society that at the same time has a massive flux of unwanted information, but at the same time it is increasingly impossible to get details about things even about outright crooks.

Excellent idea, lets extend the thread to any managing agents recommended by leaseholders, I suspect that the list will be short. The Leasehold Knowledge Partnership lists a number of "accredited" managing agents but I would not go anywhere near one of those listed and I have no personal knowledge of most of the others.

Comment

Good block managers is an oxymoron! And the LKP accredited list is a joke - we have sacked 3 of the companies on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        but at the same time it is increasingly impossible to get details about things even about outright crooks.
        I disagree, it's very easy to find information on the bigger crooks.
        I have pm'd the name of one company based just North of London of whom I have experience both as L/H and F/H.

Comment

A website that allows companies to be named for misbehaving , soon gets targeted by hackers. One such websites was " the truth about solitaire "

Comment

The LKP list includes an agent which has had the following comments by a Tribunal “monies held by the agent are not secure”, the agent “showed questionable understanding of the Lease and the RICS code” and its fees “were unreasonable, relating to quality and cost”.

Comment

Do not have Preside Managed Properties manganese your block - have had 3 years of Tribunal trying to get rid of them. They are dishonest and incompetent .

Comment

....Typo manage your block.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
                  Excellent idea, lets extend the thread to any managing agents recommended by leaseholders, I suspect that the list will be short. The Leasehold Knowledge Partnership lists a number of "accredited" managing agents but I would not go anywhere near one of those listed and I have no personal knowledge of most of the others.
                  Email us. We always take up complaints about our accredited managing agents.

Looks like our friends in the sector are busy bravely slagging us off behind anonymous accounts.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Bullying from a joint freeholder
                    by Stew
                    That seems like a great idea letting out a spare room. Make sure its someone who would not feel intimidated. Also agree with Xmas cards every bit helps. Also tell all contractors not to engage with them at all and ignore them....
                    26-11-2021, 15:05 PM
                  • Bullying from a joint freeholder
                    by goodgirlLondon
                    Hey, I would really like some advice about this as I am a female who lives alone and I am getting worried. The couple who I share the freehold with (just 2 flats in the house), dont get along and we have had problems agreeing over maintenance. I avoid them as much as possible but a neighbour told me...
                    23-11-2021, 17:13 PM
                    by goodgirlLondon
                    Hey, I have thought about renting but I love my flat and had expensive new kitchen put in. Not sure I would be happy if tenants damaged. Also, I think that my mortgage restricts letting out my flat. I love the area and was happy until the couple took over the joint freehold. I might get a tenant to...
                    26-11-2021, 10:31 AM
                  • Reply to Service charge arrears
                    by lampshade
                    Yes of course I do not need to know any details other than the current situation. So I will ask and see if I get a reply....
                    26-11-2021, 10:02 AM
                  • Service charge arrears
                    by lampshade
                    If I asked the managing agents for a situation report regarding overall arrears of service charge, are they duty bound to let me know. not by flat,of course, but as a % of total invoiced, with info regarding length of arrears?
                    26-11-2021, 07:54 AM
                    by eagle2
                    There is no reason why you cannot request and no reason why the managing agent cannot supply general information regarding the level of service charge arrears. It would only become an issue if any personal information was supplied or could be identified,
                    26-11-2021, 09:24 AM
                    by lampshade
                    OK....no i am not one of those........ but seems odd then that the managing agent was very quick to tell all leaseholders in writing that a certain % of leaseholders had paid in advance of a large section 20, by way of coercion to those who had not paid.
                    26-11-2021, 08:39 AM
                    by Section20z
                    Only if you're the freeholder or employer (RMC etc), not if you are just a flat owner...
                    26-11-2021, 08:10 AM
                    by Stew
                    Have you thought about renting the place and just giving the old neighbour an email address for communication with an auto response saying I only pick up email from this account once a month. Not ideal but another option.
                    25-11-2021, 22:45 PM
                  • Access to my garden for upstairs neighbour's loft conversion
                    by sampsam
                    Would appreciate any thoughts or advice from the forum on this matter.

I own the garden flat in block of 4, share of freehold equally split. Top floor neighbour wants to do loft conversion and build an extra floor on closet wing (roof terrace belongs to freehold).

I am not...
                    19-11-2021, 01:16 AM
                  Working...
                  X