Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna1985
    replied
    KrispyCream , we all can sue. Practicality of this solution is somewhat doubtful.
    If you already did the windows, why worry?
    Enjoy your windows while they last

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    We hold it in our joint names.

We don't have a company

Leave a comment:

• chris1544
    replied
    How is the freehold title held? Is it a company of which you are both directors or do you hold it in your joint names?

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by Anna1985 View Post
    Yes, she can. But it would need to go to court. So i would not worry about
    the fact that she can, makes me worry.

supposing she takes me to court, do I have any options if she did ask me to re instate the windows as the original windows. Wooden sash windows are pretty darn expensive.

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
    I recommend that you check your insurance cover, the previous owners no longer have an insurable interest in the property
    Insurance cover is fine.. besides getting more expensive each year

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by Tipper View Post
    Are you in a conservation area?

If you are then you may need planning/conservation permission.
    not in a conservation area, but apparently flats dont have permitted development rights the same as houses, so will have to apply retrospectively.

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    I recommend that you check your insurance cover, the previous owners no longer have an insurable interest in the property

Leave a comment:

• Tipper
    replied
    Are you in a conservation area?

If you are then you may need planning/conservation permission.

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    replied
    Yes, she can. But it would need to go to court. So i would not worry about

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by Anna1985 View Post
    KrispyCream , why don't you just be quiet.
    because not sure I could live with the worry (I know should of thought of that beforehand) of her returning and seeing the new windows (impossible to hide them from her) and the thought that she could force me to replace with original style windows.

can she force me by law?

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
    If you have never paid any charges. who arranges the insurance?
    the insurance was organised by the previous owners, and just seems to have carried over, When it comes to the renewal, the insurance companies contact us and her and we pay our half.

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    If you have never paid any charges. who arranges the insurance?

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    replied
    KrispyCream , yep of course you can. Unfortunately for only 50% of each window.

Theoretically she could go to court as you could simply ignore any communication up to the point.

However, court is expensive and will take time - why don't you just be quiet.

Leave a comment:

• KrispyCream
    replied
    Originally posted by Section20z View Post
    That would depend if there is a clause in your lease restricting alterations.
    the only bit in the lease that mentions about alterations and consent is the following passage :

(13) Not at any time without the licence In writing of the Corporation first obtained nor

except In accordance with plans and specifications previously submitted in triplicate

to the Corporation and approved by the Corporation and to its satisfaction to make

any alteration or addition whatsoever in or to the Flat either externally or Internally or

to make any alteration or aperture In the plan external construction height walls

timbers elevations or architectural appearance thereof nor to cut or remove the main

walls or timbers of the Flat unless for the purpose of repairing and making good any

defect therein nor to do or suffer in or upon the Flat any wilful or voluntary waste or spoil.

Could the new windows be considered as repair? despite them being a different style Casement instead of sash?

I am a 50% freeholder so I can argue that I gave myself permission.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    That would depend if there is a clause in your lease restricting alterations.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X