Interior Refurbishment - Do I need Freeholder Consent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Refurbishment - Do I need Freeholder Consent?

Hi all,

My wife and I have a lower ground floor leasehold flat and we're planning on doing some refurbishment work given the flat probably hasn't been updated in about 15 years. The work includes:

- Taking out laminate flooring and carpets and running oak floors throughout
    - Family bathroom - full cosmetic refurb, and swapping position of sink and toilet
    - Ensuite bathroom - full cosmetic refurb including change of bath/shower into walk-in shower and moving position of toilet
    - Changing one door into a pocket door
    - Installing down lights in a number of rooms
    - Changing radiators
    - Painting

The relevant clauses in my lease seem relatively less restrictive than others who post here, but I wanted to ask, given the below, do you think I need to seek freeholder permission for any of these works? If not, is it worth notifying them just to make them aware? Ultimately I don't think we are doing anything structural so shouldn't need their permission.

"Not to cut maim or injure any of the structural parts roofs walls or partitions of the Flat or any of the sound-proofing materials above below or within the ceilings and floors of the Flat or make any structural alterations or additions to the Flat without the consent in writing of the Landlord which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld"

"Keep the Landlords fixtures and fittings in the Flat in good tenantable repair and decorative condition (but not to decorate any part of the exterior of the Flat) and forthwith to replace all broken glass"

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X