Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulamis
    replied
    My late father used to say they were his best tenants, "paid on time, no boyfriend troubles", but then he was a bit of a dinosaur.

Such services are advertised online, you can look up the postcode of your flat to check if there are any in the vicinity, maybe not from your own computer and certainly NSFW. Rearrange work adult and com.

I have been on another side of this issue, with my tenant being accused of being a sex worker, it was a minefield to negotiate.

Leave a comment:

• andydd
    replied
    Originally posted by Section20z View Post
    As has been pointed out there is nothing wrong with being a sex worker !!
    Except it may well fall foul of the terms of the lease..people have had flats forfeited for this very reason.

Leave a comment:

• andydd
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
    To my knowledge prostitution isn't illegal. Whether it's immoral is dependent upon your perspective. She may come into the category of running a trade or business.
    There are quite a few forfeiture cases regarding this issue....legal or not...the LH is at risk of losing the flat.

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    I wouldn't mind. Probably quieter than my neighbour whose kids run up and down the stairs at 7 every morning incl at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied

No - but I wouldn't want to live next to her if her home is her work place!

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Quite right, there has been a huge increase in sad middle aged blokes taking up Romanian
    Your sarcasm is noted,

But nothing has been said by the OP about these blokes other than that they are middle aged, they could be middle aged immigrants wanting help with English, or with immigration or other forms.
    Eastern European housholds usually have the father figure (a middle aged bloke) deal with official forms etc. for the whole family.

And where do you suddenly get Romanian from?
    No specific nationality has been mentioned, only that the tenant is 'Eastern European' which covers - Belarus, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, the Ukraine and the most western part of the Russian Federation.

Are assumptions being made again?

She may well be a sex worker - but there again nothing said by the OP is proof of that one way or the other..

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    True, having said that councils can & have shut down brothels or other places causing nuisance. e.g.

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/new...osed-1-6164461

- Issue I understand is that the place is then closed for renting for some time... Think someone on here had that fun experience as a landlord

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Quite right, there has been a huge increase in sad middle aged blokes taking up Romanian

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Not one to judge....
    I really dont want to assume...
    But then you, (and others), have judeged and jumped to the assumption that she is a sex worker.

OK, she may be. - But what you are seeing could have other, innocent, explanations.

For instance:
    Many foreign students (and non-students) offer English lessons to newer immigrants as a way to supplement their income.
    Many will also offer translation services. - Translating official forms, letters, etc.

Some will even do such translation for free as an act of charity to help their newly arrived countrymen, and help them with housing/welfare/benefit issues.
    New arrivals especially would rather trust a fellow countryman/woman than go to an advice centre, they may have had bad experiences of 'official' organisations in the country they come from.

These teachers, translators, and helpers advertise on student notice boards, foreign language newspapers, etc. and word gets passed around the immigrant community to those needing help where they can go to get it.

I'm not saying that that is what's happening here, but it could be a perfectly valid explanation for what you are seeing.

What a person wears is their choice, many young lasses will wear boots, short skirts, and low cut tops.
    (Ooh, what is she wearing? They wouldn't wear that in my day. Youngsters today eh.)

As Berlingogirl points out though, even innocent activity such as translations and help with form filling should not be being carried out face-to-face during covid restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Seriously, it's apparently having a terrible impact on sex workers of all genders, loss of income.

As reported in the papers.

Leave a comment:

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    Surely this activity isn't allowed under covid restrictions!

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    As said report to the Police as she could be a victim of human trafficking although given she seems to be there on her own this seems unlikely, normally a victim of trafficking will be monitored most of the time and not allowed this type of freedom. I would contact the freeholder and make them aware. As you have heard selling sex from your own home is not illegal, there are many ways in which people prostitute themselves..... this example being only one of them.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Quite likely the poor girl has been trafficked, & doesn;t want to be there. Report to Police & also as listed here, Sally Ally & Red Cross
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/im...n-trafficking/
    https://www.redcross.org.uk/about-us...-trafficking##

I have a relative working with Red X on slavery & trafficking: Dunno how they can cope with the job, but full of admiration.

Leave a comment:

• jpucng62
    replied
    Thanks both jpkeates and Jon66 - we don't know that she is the only one there. Just because OP doesn't mention a second resident doesn't mean there isn't one.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X