Neighbour has rented their apartment out to questionable lady - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As has been pointed out there is nothing wrong with being a sex worker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post

No - but I wouldn't want to live next to her if her home is her work place!

Comment

I wouldn't mind. Probably quieter than my neighbour whose kids run up and down the stairs at 7 every morning incl at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
          To my knowledge prostitution isn't illegal. Whether it's immoral is dependent upon your perspective. She may come into the category of running a trade or business.
          There are quite a few forfeiture cases regarding this issue....legal or not...the LH is at risk of losing the flat.
          Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post
            Except it may well fall foul of the terms of the lease..people have had flats forfeited for this very reason.
            Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

My late father used to say they were his best tenants, "paid on time, no boyfriend troubles", but then he was a bit of a dinosaur.

Such services are advertised online, you can look up the postcode of your flat to check if there are any in the vicinity, maybe not from your own computer and certainly NSFW. Rearrange work adult and com.

I have been on another side of this issue, with my tenant being accused of being a sex worker, it was a minefield to negotiate.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X