Leaseholder's water meter access issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaseholder's water meter access issue

Hi - I am freeholder on building with 2 flats. The water meter for one of the flats is sited in a location not part of leasehold, nor communal space, nor public space (area owned by Freehold).
    The leaseholder needs to read water meter for billing purposes, which requires me giving access for any reading - which isn't convenient for me (or the leaseholder). The meter was sited without my knowledge or consent at some point in the past by the water company under a previous leaseholder. The current leaseholder refuses to consider re-siting the meter & is demanding regular access, citing their right to inspect the pipework under the current lease.
    I would like to have the meter moved, or just remove it all together - what are my options?
    Thanks,

From your past posts it sounds as if the other lessee is a co-trustee of the freehold. So what happened in the interim? How long has the meter been there?

Depending on how access is granted, are you sure you are not just creating a problem where there is none? For example in one flat I have the meters are in a hold in the pavement (not part of the leasehold, communal space nor public space. The hole does not belong to me.

It probably would be covered under right to inspect the pipework...

Comment

How often are meter readings required ? Surely not that often. Expect some legal entitlement to be able to read meter.

Comment

Thanks for your responses - we have resolved the situation. A smart meter has been installed which can be read remotely.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X