RTM Regulation For Client Bank Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTM Regulation For Client Bank Account

I have been trying now since August to set up a client bank account for our RTM company. Corona has caused unprecedented delays to the process, and the problem I have is Metro Bank have informed to me (at the final hurdle) that we need to be a member of either:

ARMA
    CMP ( Client Money Protect)
    Money Shield

In order for us to be 'regulated' in order to open a client account, having failed to mention this over the past 2 months that the application has been ongoing.

Natwest also needed the above, has anyone else had this issue? I have set up a regular client account so we can at least get our service charge fund transferred over from the previous managing agent and pay some of our bills, but I know this is not correct practise and will need a client account setup ASAP.

Thanks,

First I have heard of this. We have loads of client accounts which involve none of the above.

Comment

you already have a client account so what's the problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post
        you already have a client account so what's the problem ?
        I suspect OP means having the account declared as "In Trust" - which is a requirement to protect the lessees.
        It involves a simple letter from the bank, and should probably be incorporated in the account name.

Comment

AndrewDod Correction above , I have set up a regular current account just to get us by for the time being.

Do you work at a bank? Or can you tell me which bank you know of that doesn’t require this type of regulation?

Comment

No - by "we have" I meant on the customer side. Most were opened a few years back so not sure if some new bizarre rule. All you need is an acknowledgement from the bank that it holds funds in Trust. Every bank will open accounts for a company - there is no rule they need to ask for some sort of professional registration.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Leasehold sweetener?
              by Bonehead33
              So the flat I'm considering will apparently come with a new leasehold of 99 years. If I pay full asking price (10k more than I think it's worth) then the flat will come with a 125 year lease. I'm new to leasehold. Is there any benefit to getting the 125 and paying extra? The flat is around 100k to buy...
              26-09-2021, 16:35 PM
            • Reply to Leasehold sweetener?
              by AndrewDod
              The service charge could be absolutely anything - may be £500 this year, but £20,000 next year, or even more when you find yourself one of the 1% of properties with cladding issues (or whatever comes next).

As eagle2 says, service charges (and service charge fraud) are where all the bodies...
              27-09-2021, 12:31 PM
            • Ground rent linked to value of property
              by ecfc29
              Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

My current GR is £100 pa, but in approx 16 years time will increase to 0.20% of the property value (1/500th as per lease), which is then reviewed at further 25 yr intervals until the end of the lease in c113 years time. So while there is no...
              27-09-2021, 12:15 PM
              by Bonehead33
              Service charge is 500 per year. It's a town centre flat above a shop. No idea how reasonable that is?
              27-09-2021, 12:08 PM
              by eagle2
              Unreasonable service charges are more of an issue than ground rent but no-one seems to be willing to deal with the issue. I suggest that you build into your calculations escalating service charges which could exceed the rate at which rent may increase.
              27-09-2021, 11:48 AM
            • Reply to Incompetent Managing Agent
              by aki131960
              Thank you for all of the advice received.

We have finally agreed at a board meeting of the RTM Company to terminate the managing agent and instruct a new which came highly recommended by the freeholder (one of the large estates in London).

The vote (to terminate old and instruct...
              27-09-2021, 11:43 AM
            • Incompetent Managing Agent
              by aki131960
              After years of poor management by our head leaseholder, we adopted the RTM with 4 directors and appointed managing agents. I had reservation about the agents and voiced these but one of the other 3 directors insisted that they had good references. As we were running out of time before the transfer...
              05-08-2021, 13:33 PM
              by sgclacy
              A consequence of the near hysteria over ground rents is that a rent of some 80p per day (. A quarter of a cup of coffee in Starbucks a day ) may be viewed as onerous and cause issues in sale being > 0.1% of the value of the property

With the market probably cooling ~ particularly for...
              27-09-2021, 10:26 AM
              by Bonehead33
              I'm viewing the flat and checking that this afternoon
              27-09-2021, 10:20 AM
              by vmart
              Have you checked the lease allows sub-letting?
              27-09-2021, 09:25 AM
            Working...
            X