Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTM setup for 1 estate comprised of 2 blocks

Hello,
    We are 2 blocks separated physically but located at the same address with one freeholder.
    We will be exercising our RTM with a large majority and we pay the SC in the same pot.
    We meet all criteria as qualifying tenants etc.
    Based on current law I understand 2 RTM companies will be required to be setup "Block 1 RTM Company Ltd" and "Block 2 RTM Company Ltd".
    1) How does "block 2" give the right to be managed by "block 1" at 100%?
    2) At which step in the process this needs to be done?
    3) Which Ltd company leaseholders living at this adress can they join as a member or a director? Can leaseholder living in Block 1 join the "block 2 RTM company Ltd" and vice-versa?
    Regards
    LH

Hi there,

I have found the following article on Lease:
    https://www.lease-advice.org/article...lding-estates/

"those entitled to membership of an RTM Company are qualifying tenants of flats contained in the premises and landlords under leases of the whole or any part of the premises.
    Accordingly, if a company was an RTM Company in relation to premises A, only qualifying tenants of premises A and relevant landlords of premises A are entitled to be members of that RTM Company.
    Section 74 does not envisage that qualifying tenants of flats contained in premises B and relevant landlords of premises B are also entitled to be members of that RTM Company.
    [...]
    There would be nothing to prevent two or more RTM companies, which were established in relation to separate blocks on the same estate, from entering into an agreement to delegate management to one of the RTM companies, or indeed a third party manager, to act on behalf of both or all: the articles explicitly provide for delegation."

So it answers my question on leaseholder's membership.
    Now, how do you make an agreement between 2 RTM companies for the delegation of admin and management? What does it mean for leaseholders / members of block 2 then compared to leaseholders./ members rights of block 1?

Thanks for your help.
    LH

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Missing Deed of Variation at the Land Registry
      by Paulsen
      I have owned my buy to let flat for 20 years. During this time I did a lease extension and I also sold my garage to the Freeholder. I had a copy of the lease extension but had no clue or memory of a Deed of variation which was done when I sold the garage. I recently did a remortgage and after completion...
      23-10-2020, 19:55 PM
    • Missing Deed of Variation at the Land Registry
      by Earth3
      Hello,

I am 3 months into buying a flat and almost near exchange. My solicitor has been waiting for a Deed of Variation referred to in both the leasehold title and a lease extension.

However, I was informed today by my solicitor that there is no copy of this Deed of Variation...
      23-10-2020, 17:39 PM
    • Reply to Extending a leasehold property
      by Gordon999
      Are you saying one or two flats have been extended ? You need to update the demise or the next buyer may not be able get a mortgage loan.

I would expect the "property title" held by Land Registry ( for the G/F flat ? ) to mention the extention was added in 2020 and the associated...
      23-10-2020, 14:51 PM
    • Extending a leasehold property
      by sharmski
      Hi - I have a share of freehold ground floor flat as part of a converted house which we have extended. The two flats in the house each have long reciprocal leases. Do I need to update the demise of the lease to show the new extent of the ground floor flat, and if so, what’s the simplest and quickest...
      22-10-2020, 16:42 PM
    • Reply to Buying freehold when ground rent is linked to RPI
      by sgclacy
      There are very few cases reported that concentrate solely on capitalisation rates. Most cases referred to the LVT/FTT have been on lease where the term is low and the ground rents being historic are often modest

The main case for you is Emmanuel House (Freehold) Ltd v Berkeley Seventy Six...
      22-10-2020, 15:24 PM
    • Buying freehold when ground rent is linked to RPI
      by JM2110
      Hi all,

I am going to purchase my freehold through the informal route, and I was just wondering what the likely capitalisation / yield rate would be for a lease with the following terms; 93 years remaining, house value approx £120k, a ground rent of £250 (outer London) that is reviewed...
      22-10-2020, 06:13 AM
    • Reply to Buying freehold when ground rent is linked to RPI
      by Gordon999
      There is a free guide to buying the freehold of a leasehold house which can be downloaded from LEASE :

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...ses-valuation/
      22-10-2020, 11:13 AM
    • Reply to Repair - Who should pay
      by APAT
      Andrew, Lease just says that I am responsible for the floor but what is the floor in the case of a balcony that came with decking pre-installed ? Is decking the floor or the surface below the decking the floor. Apparently in the surface below the decking there is water retention which is ingressing...
      21-10-2020, 16:14 PM
    • Repair - Who should pay
      by APAT
      I am a lease holder. My flat has a balcony and the balcony floor board are my responsibility. Anything below floor board is free holder responsibility per the lease agreement. There is some residual water build up happening below the floor board and some drainage issues that is leading to water build...
      19-10-2020, 16:20 PM
    • Reply to Repair - Who should pay
      by AndrewDod
      If your flat came with a fitted carpet (your responsibility to replace the carpet later) and they needed to rip out that carpet to deal with a problematical pipe in the floor they (or at least all the lessees) are responsible for putting carpet back to what it was.

If you decided to...
      21-10-2020, 14:31 PM
    Working...
    X