Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacker
    replied
    Hey my lease says to pay the annual rent on the 21st June in advance with no deductions, this has not been happening, they have been asking for quarterly demands and not the full amount on a different date? Would this be an unagreed variation of the lease?

Leave a comment:

• Macromia
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
    It would have to go into the service charge account (which should earn interest anyway).
    Hypothetically, service charge accounts should earn interest, but currently the amount shouldn't be anything worth worrying about (unless there is a reserve/sinking account) because of low interest rates.
    In many normal situations, money shouldn't remain in service charge accounts long enough to earn interest - especially if the service charges are collected quarterly, or monthly.

I completely agree with the answer to the question though. Any interest should go into the service charge account, and therefore benefits the leaseholders.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    It would have to go into the service charge account (which should earn interest anyway). FH can't take it - it most certainly is not their money.
    Any works will cost more due to the delay.

Leave a comment:

• County Court claim interest claimed on unpaid service charge/dispute

Hi
    I hope you are all well. If the landlord puts in a claim for interest on a service charge dispute who benefits from the interest if its a limited company? As I thought the landlord could not benefit for the lease?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X