Tracing Freeholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracing Freeholder

Hi, I am new to the forum and sorry for jumping in but cannot find an answer that helps through the search function. I accepted an offer on my leasehold flat 2 months ago and I thought was close to exchange but the buyers solicitors are asking for my freeholder details. I renewed the lease in 2010 and have had no dealing with her since as I switched to a peppercorn rent and she is freeholder in name only. I am responsible for insurance and maintenance. They won't accept a missing freeholder indemnity policy and want me to contact an old neighbour who renewed their lease in 2018 (not no longer live in the flat so I can't track them!) Is there an easy way of finding a "missing" freeholder? Many thanks

Try local council records and consider placing advert in the local newspaper for 3 consecutive weeks..

Comment

The freehold must be registered, I suppose no reply from the address on the register?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
        The freehold must be registered, I suppose no reply from the address on the register?
        sadly not no. She’s freeholder in name only really. We insure and maintain the property ourselves. I’ve now tasked a company to try and trace her - she may have passed away I guess as she bought the fteehold in 1986. I renewed the lease in 2010 so it’s fine until 2155!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X