Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats

I have a tenant who has reported that he can here rats in the walls and ceiling of his 4th floor apartment. He says there are other complaints on the tenants facebook group. I have messaged the maintenance company (Name removed) but they are not replying. Just wanted to check who is liable, I'm assuming they management company as I cannot effect repairs to the part of the building that the mice/rats are entering. It is a modern well maintained purpose built block and the rodents seem to be coming up via the water pipe riser/waste pipe access. Do I need to get solicitors involved or the local council?

What does your lease say regarding walls etc.? Typically new leases are ‘eggshell leases’ so your responsibility stops after the paint layer of the external walls or the floor coverings (but includes internal walls), and typically your responsibility for utilities pipes also only extends to your flat.

Chase the freeholder or the Mgmt Co once you’ve read and understood your lease.

Comment

It might be worth contacting the council. Mine will send out someone to poison them but I don't think they all do.

Comment

We got the Council ratcatcher in . All done in a couple of visits and free of charge as well. (Only provided for rats not mice by the way

Comment

I contacted my council and the rat man came out a couple of hours later with a T shaped tube thing full of blue grain which he put behind some bushes in the garden. It was free. I've not seen any rats since but the blue grain is going down. Apparently slugs and mice will also eat the bait.

Comment

These are very interesting comments, one of my councils (South West) told me they had to stop these services unless in public areas.

Comment

It might not be rats, it might be mice (they can be surprisingly loud) or squirrels.

Comment

Rats should be the concern of every local council especially for those in the London Boroughs . The black plague was spread by rats and killed off half the population in London. So if you see them around in your area , do make a report to the local council.

Comment

Rats were brought by man on merchant vessels.Now man carelessly discards food and propogates the same rodents.Why should the council deal with this problem,when the causes can be identified and the culprits fined?Better to tax cheap nasty take away food,making men and vermin as fat as

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X