Actual selling price of freehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actual selling price of freehold

Hi - When the Landlord is obliged to give the right of first refusal to the Leaseholders he tells them the selling price. Leaseholders may find this price too expensive and refuse to purchase it. Then the Landlord sells the Freehold to a third party. What happens if the Landlord ends up selling the Freehold for a lot less than what he told the Leaseholders he was going to sell it for? The 3rd party purchaser may negotiate the Freeholder to a price that would have been acceptable to the Leaseholders. How can we as Leaseholders keep a competitive edge with the Freeholder without losing the opportunity to buy? Any insights or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think it becomes a criminal offence to sell at below the RFR price within one year.

Comment

You can ask the land registry for a copy of the Transfer form following registration

what you need to remember is that if the landlord serves a section 5 notice and you counter offer then he can sell to anyone so long as it is no cheaper than the price on the section 5 - he need not communicate with you about the offer any further after the counter offer - the traditional ritual dance of offer, counter offer and meet in the middle is something not available under the 1987 Act

Comment

He cannot sell any cheaper unless he serves a new notice to leaseholders and they may find price more agreeable.

Did you run the basic freehold valuation - is it a good value for monies?

Generally your mortgage company will be more than happy to offer you monies to pay for share of freehold.
        But do check is it a good value for monies or not.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to FTT - Legal representation needed?
          by Scaramanga
          Sorry Andrew, I cannot quite understand your last sentence. Do you mean it still exists but they are flooded with work and therefore don't answer enquiries?

Thanks for your information - as always. I will have to clue myself up with regards to the draft order as I wasn't aware at all to...
          01-10-2020, 19:35 PM
        • FTT - Legal representation needed?
          by Scaramanga
          Hi all,

I am about to bring my application for appointment of a manager to the FTT. I think it is a fairly straightforward case: I have a full defects report to prove my grounds and of the other three parties in the house, two are already agreed on appointing a manager. I would have thought,...
          01-10-2020, 18:26 PM
        • Reply to FTT - Legal representation needed?
          by AndrewDod
          Easy to do it yourself. And the draft order requires no legal training. And there are plenty of cases without legal involvement (the majority in fact)

Choose the manager very very carefully though - a lot of research is needed and contact other properties they are managing. There are a...
          01-10-2020, 19:22 PM
        • Reply to Managing Agent's surveyor and EWS
          by AndrewDod
          Who or what employs the managing agent?
          01-10-2020, 19:15 PM
        • Managing Agent's surveyor and EWS
          by parklands
          Some recent correspondence from our Managing Agents has raised some questions:
          Our Managing Agent has its own surveyor. Can we use another surveyor of our choosing?
          We have been advised, by the Managing Agent, that we need an EWS inspection despite the block being under 80 metres and having...
          01-10-2020, 07:19 AM
        • Reply to Do I need consent from my Freeholder to make alterations
          by Amm
          Hi, i have a similar issue, except I've owned my flat for 8 years and the previous alterations were done approx. 20 years ago - not sure who but freeholder must've known and since then there were 2 other buyers, and when I purchased the flat it was sold as a 2 bed which the freeholder and his managing...
          01-10-2020, 17:26 PM
        • Do I need consent from my Freeholder to make alterations
          by SKennedy
          I've recently purchased a 1970 maisonette and want to get on with some renovations including the removal of a non-load bearing stud wall (verified) between the kitchen and the living room. I have asked my Freeholder to clarify if I require consent to alter given the following clauses in my lease: (this...
          28-09-2020, 15:56 PM
        • The Council has lost the plans
          by Sandy1986
          I am sorry to be asking so many questions at the moment. I always look and one day somebody is going to ask a question that I know the answer to and can help. That day is not today

I am trying to find the original planning consent for our blocks of flats. The Council has one partial...
          01-10-2020, 15:29 PM
        • Enforcing things not in the lease.
          by Sandy1986
          I own my flat and have lived here for 21 years. There is nothing regarding pets in the lease whatsoever and before we purchased our flat we checked with the builder that pets were allowed and they were. The builder is long dead and it was a verbal conversation. Dogs and cats have come and gone over...
          29-09-2020, 19:02 PM
        • Reply to Enforcing things not in the lease.
          by Sandy1986
          Thank you. Its all so confusing when you don't understand who can do what.
          01-10-2020, 15:26 PM
        Working...
        X