Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permission Structure Leasee/Lessor

Hi All

I live in a block of flats on 999-year lease, we have an Ltd company with equal shares amongst leaseholders, the ltd Company has bought the Freehold. Over the decade's people have made alterations to the internal layout such as adding or taking walls away. I am planning a minor change myself, I am adding an ensuite bathroom for which I have sought permission from The landlord (the company), the landlord has agreed as long as I am responsible for building regs etc.

The Lease states that lessee shall not alter the internal layout or walls, there are also a number of other situations where the landlord has granted a permission which contradicts the lease, for example, the lease states the floor should be carpeted. The landlord granted permission for an alternative with the proviso of soundproofing, fair enough.

I wondered about the hierarchy of decision, obviously, permissions can be granted. How stong is permission relative to the lease that contradicts the permission? Suppose the landlord wanted to reverse their decision at a later date, presumably, they could but who would then be in breach of the lease given the landlord has authorised the works.

I would be super interested to hear if anyone has any stories or thoughts on the matter.

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

• RTM director service charge arrears
    by ARG
    Hello, I am new here so please excuse me if this question has already been asked, but a search has drawn a blank.

I am a director of an RTM of a property with 25 flats. I would be very grateful if anyone here can advise whether a resident who is more than six months in arrears with his...
    17-05-2022, 15:38 PM
  • Reply to RTM director service charge arrears
    by fos333
    This is the important question, what are the reasons for non payment?

Have demands been correctly served including the correct summaries of rights and obligations?

Are the landlord obligations under the lease being carried out?

Have service charge end of year accounts...
    17-05-2022, 21:48 PM
  • Neighbour Dispute over Bins
    by Tony-Edwards
    Hello

I could do with some guidance if anyone has any knowledge on this.

I have a 100 year old flat that was split from a larger building in 2000 and has a 999 year lease, it is next door to a commercial premises.

The only way to get to my flat is across their...
    17-05-2022, 14:40 PM
  • Reply to Neighbour Dispute over Bins
    by vmart
    Is there a restrictive covenant in the title of the commercial-property owner (CPO) giving you and the other lessee a right of way over the land?

Is the CPO a freeholder or leaseholder of the land?

With regard to the point related to '20 years' you are referring to adverse...
    17-05-2022, 21:06 PM
  • Reply to RTM director service charge arrears
    by vmart
    The RTM can make a money claim online but as this enquiry concerns service charges the lessee will have the right to have the service charges determined unless already agreed. Depending upon the lessee's response to the claim, the County Court may refer the claim to the FTT.

What are the...
    17-05-2022, 20:54 PM
  • Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
    by Ldawg
    The flat I rent out has suffered from recurrent leaks from upstairs since I purchased it, 4 leaks in 4 years. It's caused me to lose one tenant already. I feel like there is no incentive for the owner upstairs to sort the problem (check the plumbing etc) as the cost is always covered by insurance and...
    24-01-2022, 19:48 PM
  • Reply to Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
    by Ldawg
    Thanks for your response.

All costs are being covered by the management company. So currently I'm not actually losing out so I'm not really sure what I'm claiming for! More just the stress of it all. And the potential loss of earning and making unrentable/saleable as you say. Yes the floor...
    17-05-2022, 20:22 PM
  • Lease Extension - Relativity
    by comm1985
    Hoping to get some clarification,

If a flat (Outside Greater London) with 60 years left is sold for £110,000 and comparable properties with longer leases attain £160,000

What is the relativity in this case?

Would it be £110000 less 5.5% (to estimate for no act...
    17-05-2022, 15:12 PM
  • Reply to Lease Extension - Relativity
    by comm1985
    I for one would appreciate a more stable approach in deriving the premium...

In this instance what would

1. The sensible premium be?

A)£32000 (based on the value the actual short lease was just sold for i.e Relativity 65%)
    or
    B)£20,000 (based on graph...
    17-05-2022, 20:19 PM
  • Reply to Recurrent leaks from flat upstairs
    by Hudson01
    Are the management company paying for all the damage via the blocks buildings insurance or is this down to you ? Given how long it has gone on i think you will need to take individual legal action against the landlord of the flat above, what else is there is they have no incentive to fix anything. ...
    17-05-2022, 20:08 PM
Working...
X