Year Acounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year Acounts

My mother's management company is run by the business man who had the flats built. We only have an address to contact them and any issues we have to ring the project manager of the original build !!
    Each year they have had an end of year account statement but it only consists of the final page - Page 5 which gives a total for each section ie Garden Maintenance £? Consultancy Fees £? ( they were 3k this year !!! Fuel £?
    The residents would actually like to see the actual breakdown of each area and wrote to him asking to see the proceeding pages of the statement 1-4 as set out in the landlord and tenancy act.
    He has replied back saying they did send a detailed profit and loss account for the year and under Schedule 6 paragraph 4 of the lease you are entitled to inspect the accounts,records and receipts but we need to make an appointment with the accountants and could be charged for their time !
    We do not consider what they send a detailed account, its just the final figures for each area, no breakdown. Surely it is the management's role to provide them, not for us to chase the accountants for them and possibly have to pay !!
    any advice for the residents much appreciated

It's part of the usual freeholder-leaseholder scam process. Nothing new. The legal protections (such as they are) are designed to be subverted, and you have to pay to have your rights exercised.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
      by Tim_woods
      Hi All,

I have a leaseholder that constantly refuses to pay service charges and ground rent. I’ve had endless court cases but they are slow and I’ve then struggled to get court fees back which have been added to everyone’s service charges including mine!

I’ve decided...
      03-08-2020, 14:54 PM
    • Reply to freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
      by Jericho
      We (RMC) have a leaseholder with long-standing service charge arrears even after a CCJ for an unpaid money claim agreement.

The only option left is to go down the Section 146 (Law of Property Act 1925) forfeiture route. Our lease states the leaseholder is liable to pay legal costs arising...
      04-08-2020, 18:04 PM
      by Tim_woods
      Illegally? Not sure why this would be illegal but yes I would assume they would add this to his mortgage.

Unless you have ideas of how to force him to pay without another drawn out court case?...
      04-08-2020, 12:36 PM
    • Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
      by divadee
      We are the freeholders to a block of flats. We own the freehold in a limited company.

Apparently one of the flats issued a Section 42 back in April with a date of July for any counter offers.

Our managing agents have only just told us about this TODAY and we are way out of...
      04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
      by jpkeates
      Do you think the mortgage lender will pay the arrears from their own funds or illegally add the amount to the leaseholder's mortgage balance?...
      04-08-2020, 09:57 AM
    • Section 20 process
      by Seluoy2
      I am one of 6 leaseholders in a block of 6 flats. We have had historic issues with the roof, our Community Interest Company changed from one managing agent (with a public history of failings) to another, both have carried out poor repairs in the past.

Before Christmas the current managing...
      04-08-2020, 09:05 AM
    • Reply to Section 20 process
      by Seluoy2
      Thanks for the response.

Answer 1 clarifies that, seems a bit of a loop hole.

As for 2, they put a scaffold up, did no temporary repair, just left the roof as was with the water ingress remaining for over 2 weeks, that hardly seems an emergency response.
      04-08-2020, 09:43 AM
    • Reply to Section 20 process
      by AndrewDod
      1. There is no law saying that
      2. It sounds as if that is exactly what they did
      04-08-2020, 09:34 AM
    • Reply to Newbie Freeholder
      by Anna1985
      Hi, yes we know that we need to send the notification re change of freeholder.
      ​​​​​​

Yes, that's where the caveat lies - ideally we would like non participating leaseholder to sell.

But one of co freeholders would like to move sooner (thank you, Chancellor)...
      04-08-2020, 08:49 AM
    • Newbie Freeholder
      by Anna1985
      Hi all,

just wonder if somebody can advise as to how to approach the situation.

Property is in the bad condition, due to previous freeholder having no interest in the property.

One of the leaseholders decided not to do any property upkeep unless there is a threat...
      03-08-2020, 13:36 PM
    Working...
    X