F/reversioner (flats) wants to sell- procedure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/reversioner (flats) wants to sell- procedure?

Hi,

I own a freehold of 2 flats within one house converted into the 2 flats. Can anyone help with how to sell, who to sell to and do I have to approach the leaseholders first. The ground rent is £200-00 PER ANNUM rising every 25 years to £400-00 maximum each and they are both on new 99 year leases. thanks so much hope someone can help me I would be greatful for your assistance?

I have no idea at all if you should sell to the leaseholders first, but I would have thought they would give you the best price!

Comment

Originally posted by idc View Post
      Hi,

I own a freehold of 2 flats within one house converted into the 2 flats. Can anyone help with how to sell, who to sell to and do I have to approach the leaseholders first. The ground rent is £200-00 PER ANNUM rising every 25 years to £400-00 maximum each and they are both on new 99 year leases. thanks so much hope someone can help me I would be greatful for your assistance?
      To sell, you as freehold reversioner need to proceed under LTA 1987. Lessees have a right of first refusal, although this would need BOTH of them to participate. You can otherwise sell privately or at auction, to anyone at all, BUT lessees must be served with a statutory Notice (under whichever section of LTA is applicable to your circumstances) so that they can decide whether or not to intercept sale.

First step: determine how much f/r is worth. Senior Member sglacy is good at these calculations!
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Allsops Auction ( www.auction.co.uk) in their sale dated 26 March 2008, Lot no. 121 ( 2 flats with annual ground rent at 400 pounds per year ), was sold for 5000 pounds.

Comment

If the lessees want it to the extent they go under teh Act you would get
          £5,500 plus 0.8 of 1% of the value of the flats

If not and you dispose of it at auction you will get as Tenant 29 suggests £5,000 although that is a bit below the average

Comment

Originally posted by tenant29 View Post
            Allsops Auction ( www.auction.co.uk) in their sale dated 26 March 2008, Lot no. 121 ( 2 flats with annual ground rent at 400 pounds per year ), was sold for 5000 pounds.
            Thank so much for the reply.... it helps regards Ingrid

Comment

The achievable sale price depends on whether:
              a. lessees self-manage flats; or
              b. lessor has to manage. This has the:
              i. advantage of insurance commission; but
              ii. disadvantage of all the hassle.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

firsttimermeg
                20-07-2017, 19:54 PM
              • Reply to .
                MrSoffit
                Hi firsttimermeg, Please don't regret posting questions! As long as we all remove any identifiers (addresses, names etc) the world is our lobster. Seeking advice/suggestions is not unwise in the leasehold quicksand. Didn't see OP....
                21-07-2017, 11:16 AM
              • Conflicting lease placed over my lease
                E1enquirer
                Good evening all and thanks for reading.

I'd be keen to hear peoples thoughts on this one.

My BTL flat in London, E1 has a long lease and an accompanying land registry document that shows the terrace around the perimeter of my property is part of my demised premises. As with...
                20-07-2017, 21:54 PM
              • Reply to Conflicting lease placed over my lease
                Tipper
                And demanding to know why the LR didn't check the boundaries properly!

When we sold off our three holiday flats last year we had to provide plan after plan showing each lease boundary and the freehold boundary. There was no overlapping allowed!...
                21-07-2017, 10:44 AM
              • Reply to Conflicting lease placed over my lease
                MrShed
                When you say your terrace do you mean you physically have buildings on there or just land?

the land registry are unlikely to be interested, they have a "general boundaries rule" and actually the matter would be decided by the courts. Because of this, the status of the plan at...
                20-07-2017, 22:03 PM
              • Communal front garden issue
                Pocahontas
                Hello

I hope I'm posting in the right part of this forum. I need some some advice please.

I own the leasehold on my ground floor flat and the freeholder owns the flat upstairs and rents out to tenants.

New tenants moved in two weeks ago and since they have moved...
                19-07-2017, 20:45 PM
              • Reply to Communal front garden issue
                Galatea
                It is not exactly garden furniture what you got there. It can deteriotae in rain.
                Speak to the planning department as well about the situation as they may have some rules on the front gardens,

Is the front garden demised to any owner? You need to check the other lease as well. Your...
                20-07-2017, 21:00 PM
              • Reply to first time buyer - Freeholder died
                Gordon999
                From other posts on arrears in ground rent, it seems the freeholder can only claim back 6 years.. You could ask the seller to pay the 6 years rent owed.

If the original lease started at 99 years , you may be facing a ground rent increase to double the current rent at 66 years....
                20-07-2017, 20:26 PM
              • Reply to first time buyer - Freeholder died
                MrShed
                I'm assuming as a first time buyer you are mortgaging - in which case, I think you have a more fundamental issue in that the lender is very unlikely to lend if you have less than 80 years on the lease...
                20-07-2017, 19:59 PM
              • Reply to Communal front garden issue
                Tipper
                I've always found that if you don't want something just put it outside and it magically disappears!

(And I don't mean the council has cleared it but the totters have!)

Why don't you put a sign up offering free furniture to the taker?
                20-07-2017, 19:37 PM
              Working...
              X