Freehold sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold sale.

I would like to know if I have right to first refusal on the freehold of the property I own a lease in, I bought the flat with a ninety nine year lease, the occupants in the other apartment did likewise, after a number of years the freeholder put the freehold up for sale, both myself and the other tenant put in a bid to buy the freehold, because of an incompetent solicitor the other tenant somehow ended up with the freehold, The years passed and I was in a position to extend my lease, so my lease has got over a hundred and fifty years to run, Now the freeholder has died and left the property to his family who have sold the property on with a new lease plus the freehold to what I suspect is a property developer, the property is a semi detached three story building split into a two bedroom ground floor flat and a two floor maisonette with four to five bedrooms with full planning permission, I would like to know if I have again lost out on the freehold and can the new freeholder/leaseholder alter the maisonette to a number of flats going against the stipulations in my lease. Thank you.

This guide will explain your situation :

https://www.lease-advice.org/fact-sh...first-refusal/

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Service charges according to floorspace vs lease stipulation
      by Santa Fe
      Hello. I own a flat in a block of four. The new owner of the smallest flat is disputing their contribution to service charges based on floor size. All four flats have historically paid 25% each, but of the four leases only mine states that I pay 25%. I have spoken with a solicitor about this and he...
      24-01-2022, 22:55 PM
    • Reply to Service charges according to floorspace vs lease stipulation
      by Lawcruncher
      Whether the complaining owner goes to a tribunal or a court, I think that on any assessment a basement bedsit paying the same as a two bedroom flat is not "fair and reasonable". You do not really want to be getting into tribunals or the like. I suggest you propose that the two bedroom flats...
      26-01-2022, 09:01 AM
    • Reply to AGM cancelled.
      by Andrea Cunningham
      Call an EGM. Make sure you give proper notice and that it is legal (download a boilerplate notice off the internet). In that EGM you can vote new directors in, or even vote the old directors out.
      26-01-2022, 07:14 AM
    • AGM cancelled.
      by Grumio
      Is this legal?

A bit of background, we currently have three directors, we are allowed to have up to a maximum of eight directors according to the articles of association. We are all leaseholders. Last summer the three directors decided to hire a managing agent who is now in charge of the...
      26-01-2022, 00:46 AM
    • Lease extension triggers doubling ground rent change
      by SouthernDave
      Has anyone had dealing with doubling ground rents?
      i have just asked for a quote for a lease extension and they are proposing new ground rent terms of a doubling ground rent every 25 years. My commercial guy has said some lenders don't like these which may reduce the value of the property of i...
      25-01-2022, 22:53 PM
    • What can I do about my right of way.
      by Trevor62
      I live in the upper flat of a maisonette, I have a right of way that goes around the back of the building from the side entrance, there are only two flats in the building.

Anyway for years there has been a gate with a lock to go through the right of way, now for the past year the flat has...
      23-01-2022, 23:01 PM
    • Reply to What can I do about my right of way.
      by Trevor62

This is the ROW as it is in the land registry.

Can I ask another question?

As you can read it says Boundary determined by edge of pavings. Before the other party moved out they built a fence along the boundary though they build it on my side of the...
      25-01-2022, 20:58 PM
    • Reply to Enfranchising from a company I'm already a member of.
      by Andrea Cunningham
      As I said right at the beginning, there are some very sound reasons to do this which I wasn't going to go into. Suffice it to say that the current situation is one where the building I live in suffers under the tyranny of the majority of the larger building. So what is being sought is genuine control...
      25-01-2022, 20:24 PM
    • Enfranchising from a company I'm already a member of.
      by Andrea Cunningham
      The estate I live on has 2 blocks. All the leaseholders are members of the company which owns the freehold and manages the block ("Share of freehold").

Suppose one of the 2 blocks decides to go it alone - so in other words gain the freehold from a company they are already a member...
      04-10-2021, 12:07 PM
    • Reply to Enfranchising from a company I'm already a member of.
      by Andrea Cunningham
      There is already no ground rent collected - so as I understand it the value of the freehold might be quite low anyway.

If this is all done by negotiation then it is a moot point regardless, and it brings me back to what I was actually asking about, which is how to fairly and equitably split...
      25-01-2022, 20:10 PM
    Working...
    X