Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i continue billing leaseholder who is refusing to pay ground rent

Hi all,
    my leaseholder refuses to pay ground rent to me as freeholder. there is no doubt about it and its in their lease etc. I don't want to pursue but rather wait and they will pay at some point; for instance when they selling their flat. the £100 annual ground rent will accumulate. when i claim five years of ground rent at a time in the future am i required to prove that bills were sent to the leaseholder. the amount will also include interest and late payment as per their lease.
    essentially should i be sending them bills to
    thanks,

No you need to collect it now. Make sure you serve s166 notice correctly then follow up as per lease.

Comment

Make a claim for unpaid ground rent in the online small claims court .

Comment

If I remember correctly , you can include 8% interest for the sums in arrears and the small claims court fee.

Comment

thank you all for the comments. the lease provided 4% interest above BE baserate for arrears.

Comment

You not only need to send out ground rent demands, you need to make sure that the demands are in precisely the correct form (including all necessary information) and are received by the leaseholder between 60 and 30 days prior to the date that you require payment to be made,

If you have not sent out demands at all, or if you have sent demands but they don't meet the precise legal requirements, then nothing is due - and if nothing has to be paid you cannot add any penalties or interest for late payment.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X