Landlord breach of covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord breach of covenant

Hi All, the directors and managing agent have through their actions breached the landlord own covenants and should not be benefitting from the breach. Do I take this to county court as I dont think this is within the FTT jurisdiction?

I suggest that you apply to the FTT for reduction of annual service charge due to non-compliance to the lease or due failure to maintain your building. You can apply for reduction of service charge for past years if you have proof.

Comment

The FTT wont deal with it they say its not in their jurisdiction, the directors have induced the company to breach the lease so that the cost can not be challenged at FTT..its breach of contract!

Comment

I suggest you study the free guide of FTT jurisdiction and costs of application to the FTT . You can ask for a judgement on the reasonableness of the service charge.

The LEASE website keeps records of past FTT judgements on service charges and you can search their data base for cases of servivice charge reduction..

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...perty-chamber/

Comment

Thank you Gordon however the way the managing agent and directors have structured the deal...asking the leaseholders to pay a third party directly does not come under FTT I have studied cases online...in addition the directors and managing agent entered into contracts when the company had no money. They failed to collect service charges beforehand for the contracts

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• I've breached my lease
            by pcuk1979
            Hi there. I hope someone can help me because I have been frantic with worry for 3 days now. This is a bit long!

I bought a leasehold flat in July 2014. Since I've been here, I have done everything to it to bring it up to a modern acceptable standard. Note that the floorpan of the property...
            12-07-2020, 14:00 PM
          • Reply to I've breached my lease
            by sid1956
            First of all, you should not be stating or implying to anyone, least of all your landlord, that you have breached the lease. An admission of a breach saves the landlord the trouble of having to determine that a breach has occurred and has no benefit whatsoever to you.

From your description...
            12-07-2020, 21:15 PM
          • Leaseholder refuses to pay into our bank account !?!?
            by rfph1
            Ok, the situation is this...

I am a director of the freehold management company for a small block of flats (other directors being leaseholders like myself).

Earlier this year we had some banking issues and changed from one of the big high street banks to an on-line bank....
            10-07-2020, 17:36 PM
          • Reply to Leaseholder refuses to pay into our bank account !?!?
            by rfph1
            thank you - the clarification on the need to accept cask is appreciated.

I'm aware that Tide has issues, but so to did out high street bank (complaint made to financial ombudsman pending)
            12-07-2020, 18:40 PM
            by pcuk1979
            Here's some more

Comply with and observes such regulations as the Council may from time to time make for the benefit of the owners and occupiers of the said flats and in particular but without prejudice to the foregoing to comply with the regulations made at the date hereof and set out...
            12-07-2020, 15:58 PM
            by Macromia
            For a start:
            1. Any clause that says that you have to keep floors carpeted, or can't have wooden floors.
            2. Any clause that states that you need inform the freeholder, and/or get freeholder's permission, for non structural alterations.
            3. Any clause that requires you not to do anything...
            12-07-2020, 15:24 PM
            by pcuk1979
            I thought that ground floors only were allowed wooden floors.

And you're right, if I was in my buyer's shoes, I would hate the guy who sold them a flat with clearly weakened soundproofing qualities. I mean, it wasn't great anyway, but it was liveable.

What clauses should I...
            12-07-2020, 15:04 PM
            by Macromia
            Rather than withdrawing from the sale, you could just inform the buyers solicitor that you initially answered these questions thinking that they referred only to structural changes, but would like to inform them of the work that you have done.
            It will then be up to the buyer whether they continue...
            12-07-2020, 15:03 PM
            by pcuk1979
            I also have no Building Regulations certificates, even though I may have decreased the acoustic and thermal properties of the building.
            12-07-2020, 15:00 PM
            by Macromia
            Nothing that you have said that you have done to your flat seems to breach the lease clauses that you have quoted - but that doesn't mean that you have breached clauses that you haven't quoted as you clearly haven't quoted all potentially relevant clauses in full.

It sounds more like the...
            12-07-2020, 14:59 PM
          Working...
          X