Replacement Windows not as good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Windows not as good

My landlord decreed that the hard wood windows should be replaced with upvc (Whether is was sensible is a different matter!!)

There are three sets of double windows (Bedroom, Lounge, Kitchen). In each case both windows of the set opened.

The new double windows in kitchen and bedroom only have one half that opens. (In the lounge, both halves open)
    I was told 'replace' which I understood to mean like with like.

Can I complain and get the landlord to install equivalent windows in kitchen and bedroom?

TFAI

You can complain and I'm sure your landlord will say no.

Comment

You can find another property .

Comment

Of course you can complain but no landlord is going to replace new windows just because you don't like them. The only way you get that degree of control over a property is to own it yourself.

Comment

Sorry, but reality is nothing will get done. Possibly 'll might have listened beforehand but now no chance.

Comment

I think the answer is....no
            Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Yes - I rather thought so too. Oh well.Thanks anyway

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Worried about late registration of sublet
                by DrShona
                In spite of being aware that I was renting out the property, [first company that sold me the property] never requested a registration/consent fee or information about the tenants. As such, the CONTRACT WAS VARIED BY [first company]'s CONDUCT. In addition, [second company that bought ground rent] also...
                06-08-2020, 01:51 AM
              • Worried about late registration of sublet
                by PeteMckern
                I'm new here and also quite new to letting out my apartment which I own but it is a leasehold property.

A new 6 Month Assured Shorthold Tennancy was started last May (2016) for 6 months. The AST is fully managed by a local estate agent - the tenant is as good as gold. At this time the freehold...
                07-02-2017, 15:38 PM
              • Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
                by divadee
                We are the freeholders to a block of flats. We own the freehold in a limited company.

Apparently one of the flats issued a Section 42 back in April with a date of July for any counter offers.

Our managing agents have only just told us about this TODAY and we are way out of...
                04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
              • Reply to Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
                by sgclacy
                Is the address of your managing agent the same as the address at the Land Registry for you as freeholder?

If you believe the figure offered is too low, you could have therefore regarded the notice as invalid and that is why you have not responded. They would then have to apply to the court...
                05-08-2020, 20:54 PM
              • Reply to Advise & Guidence
                by ontljoshi
                As per lease - everyone supposed to maintain their frontages. The road is made private long time ago and there's no owners currently it is bona-vacatia now.
                05-08-2020, 19:10 PM
              • Advise & Guidence
                by ontljoshi
                HI All,

previously, the forum has helped me.now i need bit more advise & guidence.

I bought my massionate in 2016 at 310500 with 125yrs lease to live in and don't know due to what circumstances I feel that it hasn't increased in the valuation.
                my question is are...
                05-08-2020, 15:38 PM
              • Reply to Section 20 process
                by Gordon999
                Usually the scaffolding is put up by the scaffolding rental company. The roof repair work will be done by roofing company who worker may not be aware of the scaffolding on site.
                05-08-2020, 18:14 PM
              • Section 20 process
                by Seluoy2
                I am one of 6 leaseholders in a block of 6 flats. We have had historic issues with the roof, our Community Interest Company changed from one managing agent (with a public history of failings) to another, both have carried out poor repairs in the past.

Before Christmas the current managing...
                04-08-2020, 09:05 AM
              • Reply to freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
                by Gordon999
                Here is the website giving rules on claiming interest at the small claims court.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...k-out-interest
                05-08-2020, 18:07 PM
              • freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
                by Tim_woods
                Hi All,

I have a leaseholder that constantly refuses to pay service charges and ground rent. I’ve had endless court cases but they are slow and I’ve then struggled to get court fees back which have been added to everyone’s service charges including mine!

I’ve decided...
                03-08-2020, 14:54 PM
              Working...
              X