Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer's solicitors insisting on an Asbestos report

Hi there,

We (me and two others) own a three-storey Victorian property that is divided into three flats and we each have the leasehold for one each. Each flat part shares in the management company that owns the freehold, and manages the property. The ground floor flat is currently going through a sale process, with the buyer's solicitors insisting on an asbestos report being produced for the building.

I cannot find anywhere (although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist) regulations/legal obligations that we as the management company have to produce a report?

Can anyone provide advice on this, please?

Many thanks,

TML

If the buyer wants any other report he pays for it himself. Why would asbestos be any different?

Comment

They can request it and you can tell them how much it will be, it would then be upto them to undertake this at their cost. was it flagged up on a survey report?

Comment

Thanks. No, nothing has shown up on the survey to my knowledge.

Comment

The buyer can demand whatever they want of the seller and the seller can agree or decline.
          The buyer can't demand anything of the freeholder or the management company.

The seller can request your cooperation with their getting such a report done.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You don't need to produce the report, but a qualified assessor which is appointment, if you want the sale to proceed you should accept it (after all your not paying for it), If it was me, I would, after all you would know the results for any future sales.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X