RTM members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTM members

a friend of mine asked an interesting question today which i don't know the answer to! What would be the correct thing to do in relation to adding members to a company if the lease was in joint names? E.g. for a lease held mr and mrs bloggs, would they be entered on the companies house register of members as 'mr and mrs bloggs' or would they have to be separate i.e. mr bloggs and mrs bloggs?

imo it would be the latter, but this would be confusing as each leaseholder would have one vote on matters, therefore they would each have 0.5 votes each

Joint leaseholders are considered to be one qualifying tenant. Their details are entered separately but at the time of applying for membership they need to state what order their names should appear in the register of members. They only have one vote as a qualifying tenant - if both of them try and vote, then the vote of the individual first in the order in the register is the only one that is accepted.

Comment

As chris1544 says. There is no such thing as half a vote.

Comment

i see, presumably it wouldn't be much of an issue anyway as unlikely joint leaseholders would vote differently (if they had the opportunity)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X