Corner Shops with Flats above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corner Shops with Flats above

About 20 years, I bought a flat above a shop. I have drawn a diagram. Mine is first floor flat NO. 72.

The Freeholder owns both shops at No. 72 and No 70. He rents out the shops. At some point, he split each of the shops, so the rear of the shop has now two residential ground floor flats. There is no planning permission. It has been split at land registry.

I was n't ware of such works had taken place, as property was rented out. My lease was n't updated, as it still describes the property as maisonette above shop.

They still own both the ground floor flats behind the shops. There is a dispute regarding various issues. They built an extension for the ground floor flat including over drains. We end up with blockages due to longer runs.

I am not sure if there is are new leases for the ground floor flat. How can I find out? How can I get a lease plan?

I have also paid for 50% of repairs due to the roof. The freeholder was n't helpful, but after years of leaks, the roof was replaced, but I am wondering if I paid too much for my share. What happens when there is an subdivision i.e. shop split into shop and flats?. The freeholder paid on behalf of the ground floor flat i.e. No 72. So paid 50% and 50%. But should roof costs have been divided into 3 parties?.

-------------------------------------------------------------

[ Flat 72]==[ Flat 70] ===== <---- Access to first floor Flat 72 and 70 from side road
    [ Shop 72] [Corner Shop 70] |
    ---------------------------+
    Street
    -------------------------------

The diagram looks jumbled up.

Comment

if a long lease has been granted for a new registered lease of the new g/f flats it will be downloadable from HMLR. But sounds as if the owner is a complete cowboy. Look up on epc register if they even have epcs. The planning departments love a bit of enforcement action and if you say there these are built without consent will send two smartly dressed officers with clipboards and cameras. They may order the flats to be removed brick by brick

Comment

Sounds like they might have been there way too long for any enforcement action

Comment

>> The planning departments love a bit of enforcement action and if you say there these are built without consent will send two smartly dressed officers with clipboards and cameras.

It was done a long time ago.

I am assuming they lied to the council and back-dated council tax.

There are no leases for the ground floor, but then how does that effect my share of the service charge?. All it says is fair share.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X