Face to face AGM arranged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face to face AGM arranged?

We have been contacted today by our management company to say they are holding a face to face AGM in our car park on Wednesday evening with social distancing. This would be around 15 people minimum. As the current regulations are no more than 6 people would this apply to an AGM in these circumstances or would it be exempt. They have said it's a business and can carry on with social distancing. Can anybody help. I am looking but can't seem to find anything and it's short notice.

Our A.G.M required a minimum of 21 days notice. Look at your Articles of Association , it's suspicious.

As to current regulations, flippant follow your instincts, serious it's not social so should be O.K

Comment

The gathering would be illegal under the regulations being passed today, which does not allow for groups of more than 6 people maximum.

It would possibly have been possible prior to today if everyone attending lived in the building and the car park is part of the property because technically no one would be leaving their home (assuming the company representatives were "working" by attending).
      The change in rules has changed the situation, because now the restriction is not on leaving home, it is on gatherings of more than 6.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Surely a shareholders meeting is business not social ?

Comment

The meeting would be allowed if it was for "work purposes", but it wouldn't be "work" for anyone other than the management committee.
          "Business" or "Commercial" aren't exceptions.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You are right. I just find things confusing !

My big concern would be the lack of notice. I am reasonably sure that no AoA would allow this.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X