Flat Roof used as fire escape and right of way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subject to the lease. The Freeholder is not.a dictator. I don't believe any court would allow taking away a sole fire escape. Think about what is most important. Lease holder has not done anything wrong.
    my final post on this thread.

Comment

Scott22 and i differ in what the rights are. If the top flat has a deed of variation to use the flat roof and it is unlikely they will get planning permission IF they applied for it. I would say that the freeholder could put skylights in the roof as the top flat have never used the roof or am i missing something. The freeholder is king

Comment

I am always ready to reposition myself.
        it is not that they want to develop the roof in any way. Crossing it provides their only fire escape and, naturally want to preserve it.

If OP sticks it out to court I suspect it will cost quite a few thousand.

Imagine a fire and someone burnt to death because there was no escape route.

Nobody should risk that.

Comment

If the freeholder is king, what does that make the leaseholder?

Comment

I am I right in assuming the planning permission was to convert the property into flats. That would be a sensible condition.

Comment

Just re read the thread. I see it was a condition of conversion. O.P never thought about anyone else. This has been a waste of time so definitely not wasting any more time.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X