Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdgilkes
    replied
    Yes, I had thought of that as indeed it would be less stressful for me But being bullied out of a property by a group of people I don't even know also does not sit right with my principles. You should be able to live where you choose and have the same rights that your repairs are carried as the other Freehold owners, but who said life was fair!

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    If you are outvoted by 7 to 1 , you should sell and move on.

Leave a comment:

• cdgilkes
    started a topic Shared Freehold

Shared Freehold

Hi,
    I purchased a semi detached property consisting of 8 shared Freehold flats, of which I am one of the owners the shared freehold owners. The other owners set up a meeting when I first purchased the flat, which I initially thought was just a social meeting to meet the other Freehold owners, as they sent no agenda, minutes, accounts etc prior to the meeting.
    At the meeting however, I found that they wanted to pass motions to agree to works in the gardens and works to the communal entrance to the side of the building they use, but not taking into consideration the works required to the communal entrance which serves my flat.
    I complained that I should have been given access to the paperwork beforehand and that these repairs did not take into account any works requiring to my flat, communal hall on my side of the building or damp stains I had noticed in my roof flat.

This was met with some hostility and I unfortunately did detect a racial overtone during the meeting I. am was given the option to look at the budgets etc on my mobile phone, which was emailed to me during the meeting and told the water stains in my flat were from historic damp and the roof had already been repaired.

I said I need more time to look at the figures and the proposed works as it was difficult to look at all the documents on a mobile when it was quite clear that they had all had access to these documents prior and to asses the water stains properly.

However, they decided to take a vote anyway and out me voted 7-1. Subsequently there have been no more meetings and a management company was employed by the other shared freehold owners without notifying me to carry out future repairs to the building.
    It has transpired that the damp which is solely affecting my flat is not historic and the management company which is owed by a friend of one of the Directors of this RTM company has not responded to any of my request to come and assess the roof or damage to my flat, repair the loose stair carpet on my side of the building, provide me with a key to access my electric meter or provide me with any of the Summary account requested. Now 15 months have transpired and they simply ignore any of my requests.
    I am a shared freehold owner, but I am also a leaseholder. Is there anyway I can force this management company or thefreeholders to address these issues.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
    by chris1544
    We have RTM in place for our two flat building. Recently the other leaseholder put in a request to the RTM company to install an air vent. I duly wrote to the freeholder, notifying them of our intention to grant approval for the works, giving them the statutory 30 days notice.

They have...
    12-08-2020, 11:04 AM
  • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
    by Lorimer
    There isn't much case law on this but even when an RTM is in place and it is the RTM that is responsible for dealing with consents, I believe the freeholder CAN charge a reasonable admin fee simply for the freeholder's time in reviewing the consent application. This is because the RTM company cannot...
    12-08-2020, 20:33 PM
  • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
    by Stew
    sounds like a major win
    12-08-2020, 20:22 PM
  • Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
    by KingstonBee
    Wonder if you can help... This week I have received a Court Claim form pack with what seems to include a ‘particulars of claim’ and ‘lease’ for ‘outstanding arrears of Ground rent and insurance’.

Now this is a huge shock as I’ve not received any letters at all, no emails or phone...
    10-06-2020, 20:13 PM
  • Reply to Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
    by ChrisDennison
    Well but who’s to judge that intention? If I as the freeholder only want women, kids and one armed pirates in my block of flats and therefore put a restriction of use to that extent in the lease isn’t that my pretty unambiguous intention?

Well put. I have a property with...
    12-08-2020, 19:14 PM
  • Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
    by Boab
    Is there any reason why I cannot let a freehold flat on a two flat maisonette where there are two freeholders with a deed of covenant between the two to cover such issues as maintaining the property? There appears to be nothing in the covenant restricting renting my property out and it’s been done...
    10-08-2020, 06:12 AM
  • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
    by KingstonBee
    FYI - I pressed and stated facts and quoted the law etc and they eventually backed down... Mega Chuffed. Didn’t even have to pay any of the legal fees or additional costs. It helps that in the lease as mentioned they had to email or send mail via recorded delivery... Their legal team agreed and dropped...
    12-08-2020, 19:00 PM
  • EGM via Zoom breach of GDPR
    by Stacker
    Our directors refuse to call meeting and now are using some government quote Corporate Insolvency and Govt Act 2020 Section 37 and Schedule 14 of the Act..basically the articles don't say we can hold electronic meetings so can they be held via zoom?
    12-08-2020, 17:53 PM
  • Variation of lease
    by scampicat
    I own a flat with a lease of 125 years starting from 2012. The ground rent is at present £150 pa, but increases as follows every ten years: £225... .£337.50.... 506.25.... 759.38.... 1139.06.... 1708.59.... 2562.89 ....3844.34. There are no more increases after eighty years. I am considering a variation...
    25-02-2020, 08:57 AM
  • Reply to Variation of lease
    by Gordon999
    Many flats with ground rent increasing every 10 years are not able to get a mortgage loan . Taylor Wimpey have set a side £130 Mil for correcting the ground rent demands in their leases . If your flat was built by this company, you should contact the company for correction of the lease.
    12-08-2020, 17:41 PM
Working...
X