Is the roof demised, and is it my job (financial responsibility) to fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either of them you mean?

Comment

SUPER appreciative of that, I'll put that together and post it soon. Thank you!

Comment

Bringing this post back from the dead... Thanks for your help so far everyone!
        So I've given them more than enough time. Totally ignored (I guess partially expected).
        Is this where I go to the Ombudsman just to ensure I've exhausted all options before I (potentially) take it any further? I'm feeling a bit like, if I get nothing from this channel, a tribunal wouldn't really be an option and I might just have to sell the flat. It's not making me much money, and when something does happen to the roof, it's going to cost me a fortune lol. Especially if I really am solely responsible.

However, for now, I'm leaning towards the complaint to the ombudsman resting on the fact that the Managing Agent is failing to maintain the roof and I'm fearful that any damage due to neglect will potentially hit me hard financially? Their selective interpretation of the lease on behalf of the Freeholder is going to damage my property which I have no real power to remedy without their assistance. Does that sound like the angle?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Leasehold sweetener?
          by Bonehead33
          So the flat I'm considering will apparently come with a new leasehold of 99 years. If I pay full asking price (10k more than I think it's worth) then the flat will come with a 125 year lease. I'm new to leasehold. Is there any benefit to getting the 125 and paying extra? The flat is around 100k to buy...
          26-09-2021, 16:35 PM
        • Reply to Leasehold sweetener?
          by AndrewDod
          The service charge could be absolutely anything - may be £500 this year, but £20,000 next year, or even more when you find yourself one of the 1% of properties with cladding issues (or whatever comes next).

As eagle2 says, service charges (and service charge fraud) are where all the bodies...
          27-09-2021, 12:31 PM
        • Ground rent linked to value of property
          by ecfc29
          Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

My current GR is £100 pa, but in approx 16 years time will increase to 0.20% of the property value (1/500th as per lease), which is then reviewed at further 25 yr intervals until the end of the lease in c113 years time. So while there is no...
          27-09-2021, 12:15 PM
          by Bonehead33
          Service charge is 500 per year. It's a town centre flat above a shop. No idea how reasonable that is?
          27-09-2021, 12:08 PM
          by eagle2
          Unreasonable service charges are more of an issue than ground rent but no-one seems to be willing to deal with the issue. I suggest that you build into your calculations escalating service charges which could exceed the rate at which rent may increase.
          27-09-2021, 11:48 AM
        • Reply to Incompetent Managing Agent
          by aki131960
          Thank you for all of the advice received.

We have finally agreed at a board meeting of the RTM Company to terminate the managing agent and instruct a new which came highly recommended by the freeholder (one of the large estates in London).

The vote (to terminate old and instruct...
          27-09-2021, 11:43 AM
        • Incompetent Managing Agent
          by aki131960
          After years of poor management by our head leaseholder, we adopted the RTM with 4 directors and appointed managing agents. I had reservation about the agents and voiced these but one of the other 3 directors insisted that they had good references. As we were running out of time before the transfer...
          05-08-2021, 13:33 PM
          by sgclacy
          A consequence of the near hysteria over ground rents is that a rent of some 80p per day (. A quarter of a cup of coffee in Starbucks a day ) may be viewed as onerous and cause issues in sale being > 0.1% of the value of the property

With the market probably cooling ~ particularly for...
          27-09-2021, 10:26 AM
          by Bonehead33
          I'm viewing the flat and checking that this afternoon
          27-09-2021, 10:20 AM
          by vmart
          Have you checked the lease allows sub-letting?
          27-09-2021, 09:25 AM
        Working...
        X